Cycling to home games.

swanny

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rode my bike once to the Leeds game at home when they beat us 2-1 (?) when Clement was in charge...took me almost 2 weeks, from the middle of Switzerland, through France, Germany, Holland and up to Hull and down back through the motherland to gods county. One of if not the best 2 weeks of my life. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I rode my bike once to the Leeds game at home when they beat us 2-1 (?) when Clement was in charge...took me almost 2 weeks, from the middle of Switzerland, through France, Germany, Holland and up to Hull and down back through the motherland to gods county. One of if not the best 2 weeks of my life. 

Yep all them places still looking up to Hull. It doesn't get any better than Hull, yep best 2 weeks of your life, included been on your bike in Hull. Anyway would you like to buy some broken lawnmower engines?

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Does it look as good in real live as it does in the picture?

Yep, It is a top quality jersey. I got the white shirt sleeved one, the only things to watch out for are that it is VERY lightweight, so if you are looking for something for any other time apart from height of summer it isn’t going to be any good and they have the annoying “sticky” sleeve ends that grip your arms but It is a great jersey. 

On 02/08/2019 at 21:01, Tyler Durden said:

The end of the A52 is Skegness isn't it? Long bike ride.

yeh i didnt think about 'that' end of the a52! i was meaning the N*ttingham end. I live near the river just south of n*ttingham so a riverside ride to the ground seemed like a good idea. i've since given it a go, albeit only one way at the moment to try out the route back. (got the train to Derby) from what i could see the river path ends at elvaston where i had to get back onto the roads through draycott/ long eaton and then at attenborough i got back on the river to home.

it would be worth all the cycling if we could just get back into the bloody ground though

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, It is a top quality jersey. I got the white shirt sleeved one, the only things to watch out for are that it is VERY lightweight, so if you are looking for something for any other time apart from height of summer it isn’t going to be any good and they have the annoying “sticky” sleeve ends that grip your arms but It is a great jersey. 

I'm temped, but I'm a bit tight and it seems extravagent as I've not ridden since the crash. I also live close to Leeds and don't want to make myself a target for ********* drivers.

6 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

I would advise using a very good bike lock if you cycle to Pride Park. I've had two bikes stolen during games and bits and bobs taken off the bike too. A good d-lock on something to stop the wheels getting nicked. 

That's not on mate, you think they'd stick a CCTV camera up covering the bike racks if they want people to seriously consider cycling to games.

11 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That's not on mate, you think they'd stick a CCTV camera up covering the bike racks if they want people to seriously consider cycling to games.

Amazing that. For about 4 hours around game time, the Pride Park area is teaming with police, stewards and security guards. Surely it should be the safest place in the country to leave your bike?

That's the issue though isn't it, someone bent down over the bike lock bit of liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide quick tap with a small hammer and no one would know what you're upto, done in a matter of minutes. 

Really need some form of bicycle cage which again aren't impregnable reading the recent news about bike thefts from the QMC

4 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Amazing that. For about 4 hours around game time, the Pride Park area is teaming with police, stewards and security guards. Surely it should be the safest place in the country to leave your bike?

As I found out, there are few people outside the ground when the match is on and everybody is occupied with the game. Thieves know that they have a good 45 minutes to nab a bike with little chance of interference.

The club did say that they would monitor the area where the bikes are parked by doing spot checks. This was a few years ago and I've no idea how successful it was as I usually walk to the ground. To be fair to the stewards, I forgot the key to my bike lock once and they let me store it safely in the ground.  

Archived