A38 Burton south potential closure / delays on Monday

DCFC Ram

There was a major water main burst this morning leading to severe delays.  It was just South of Burton. Both sides were involved but South was worse. The A38 is now closed (planned overnight closures for road surfacing near Toyota in addition to the water problems lower down). The water company have announced that they can't rule out problems with the road on Bank Holiday Monday. Unless there is an update to the contrary, it would seem wise to plan an alternative route on Monday.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

So if my plan was to get on a38 at mickleover, down to Toyota and onto a50 to get across to M1, at about 6.30/7am Monday..... would I have problems?? 

I don't think so. The water leak was lower down. I believe that they plan to lift the temporary overnight closures for bank holiday. It's worth checking on the highways agency website, but I think that you'll be ok. The problem (if there is one) would be for people travelling past Burton on the A38. Fingers crossed that they fix the leak / road.

11 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

There was a major water main burst this morning leading to severe delays.  It was just South of Burton. Both sides were involved but South was worse. The A38 is now closed (planned overnight closures for road surfacing near Toyota in addition to the water problems lower down). The water company have announced that they can't rule out problems with the road on Bank Holiday Monday. Unless there is an update to the contrary, it would seem wise to plan an alternative route on Monday.

Thanks I need to pick up a mate from Sutton Coldfield so will probably go M42 now 

Archived