Elland Road Atmosphere

Bowlio

After getting back home in South Derbyshire at around 1 in the morning i explained to the mrs that i had just had the best night of my life. She was that impressed i will be honest! The atmosphere at Elland Road was for me a dream like unreal atmosphere which i will perhaps never experience again. This was the best game i have ever experienced and what a place to do it. Once Marriott scored the lift we needed had taken us well into the second half goal fest which was a treat for us Derby fans at that end! Absolute credit to everyone involved at the club to turn that game into a classic and take us to Wembley whatever happens in the final! I feel confident we can do this and can’t wait to cheer them on COYR ?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bowlio said:

After getting back home in South Derbyshire at around 1 in the morning i explained to the mrs that i had just had the best night of my life. 

Strange as I said the same to my wife when I got home. From her response I had to quickly add the proviso it was the best non-family night I've ever had.

Must admit that at the West Brom game I welled up when Jamie Thrasivoulou stormed his pre-match reading of his 'We are Derby' poem. It was pointed out that I didn't even do this when our children were born! Not sure what sort of state I'll be in if we do the business at Wembley.

With regard to the Elland Road atmosphere, I'm sure others will have experienced a noisier home crowd, but I thought their support was amazing with the whole stadium going for it. Made the way the game unfolded in our favour even more special for me.

12 minutes ago, philmycock said:

That and the 10-men Forest game were electric, watching the match on telly the next day and couldn't really here us until the celebrations.

Also my ears were ringing for 2 days and my legs are still bruised from buggery!!! ? 

FTFY.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

We've all been there. 

Also I only just realised that "philmycock" is a cheeky little play on words and more than likely not this dude's name at all. 

I know him and his real name and I reckon my description of what happend is closer to the truth than his.

Archived