If you were Frank Lampard..

goldstar

23 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I thought he was the only player yesterday that was even semi decent.

One thing I love about Bogle is how he never dives in when in our own box. He stays on his feet and tries to shepherd the danger out. How Wisdom barged into the back of the Leeds player after 30 seconds reminded me of Jay McEveley. What is wrong with him? Thought he was off it, making poor decisions all half.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Certainly was their goal just minutes after was from the right back position .Having said that Wisdom was the weak link so was Lowe ,Nuge at least provided some much needed guile up front ,another game when I felt for Marriott getting battered by two central defenders on his own. 

Yes difficult one but Wisdom should have been given a rollicking but kept on for his physicality. Didn't help of course with Lowe on the other flank playing at SPL pace, making their winger look like a world beater. 

I'd have been absolutely fuming and reminded them that they were being paid handsomely as footballers and therefore should actually try and do something with a football other than hide from it or treat it like a hot potato every time it came near them.

The lack of bravery on the ball last night was a complete embarrassment. 

Only Holmes and Keogh (second half) looked like they weren't actually scares of touching the ball.

Was calling out for Huddlestone last night in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'd have been absolutely fuming and reminded them that they were being paid handsomely as footballers and therefore should actually try and do something with a football other than hide from it or treat it like a hot potato every time it came near them.

The lack of bravery on the ball last night was a complete embarrassment. 

Only Holmes and Keogh (second half) looked like they weren't actually scares of touching the ball.

Was calling out for Huddlestone last night in my opinion.

Pretty much what i'd have said. Use the frustration and embarrassment to their advantage and get back into the game and do what they do best. Don't wait until they go behind to try and fight back (which we didnt last night), start as if theyre already 3 goals down and get at them!

Going forward on the back of the last half dozen games, I’d be acutely aware that our available full backs (Wisdom aside, who is a CB)  are naive attackers rather than solid defenders, and our wingers (Jozefzoon aside) are CAM’s or converted CF’s. Then try and fashion a formation with those caveats in mind. 

3 CB’s and 2 WB’s are order of the day for me, the square peg at CB would be Hudds as a sweeper in the games we expect to dominate but Wisdom in those we don’t. 

Where is Joe Ledly? Him to be Bobby basic knitting it together at CM with Mount/Wilson/Bryson/Johnson as raiding parties to support Lawrence/ Waghorn just off Marriott up top. 

**pouts at camera, drops mic and sachets of stage like Louis Spence to wild applause ? 

Just now, IronRam 70.3 said:

Going forward on the back of the last half dozen games, I’d be acutely aware that our available full backs (Wisdom aside, who is a CB)  are naive attackers rather than solid defenders, and our wingers (Jozefzoon aside) are CAM’s or converted CF’s. Then try and fashion a formation with those caveats in mind. 

3 CB’s and 2 WB’s are order of the day for me, the square peg at CB would be Hudds as a sweeper in the games we expect to dominate but Wisdom in those we don’t. 

Where is Joe Ledly? Him to be Bobby basic knitting it together at CM with Mount/Wilson/Bryson/Johnson as raiding parties to support Lawrence/ Waghorn just off Marriott up top. 

**pouts at camera, drops mic and sachets of stage like Louis Spence to wild applause ? 

I also realise that is a ridiculous paradigm shift mid season.

2 hours ago, goldstar said:

Interested to know, if you were Frank yesterday at half time, what would you have said to the players? Would you have been positive, assured them they had the ability and encouraged to go out there and turn it round? Or would you have been more angry and challenged them to sort it out as the previous 45 minutes were dire?

Also, what do you think players in general respond to better? Passionate rousing speeches or more subtle prompting? Do you even think this has much bearing on the match at all and is it simply sometimes a case of 'poo happens'? 

Firstly he should have brought along an electrical scanner to check for listening devices or cameras in the changing room because the Leeds manager basically doesn’t care and is probably doing it anyway 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Firstly he should have brought along an electrical scanner to check for listening devices or cameras in the changing room because the Leeds manager basically doesn’t care and is probably doing it anyway 

Before Thursday if have laughed at that notion but the sad thing is it's quite possible

Archived