feeder league

Gee SCREAMER !!

Whilst the loan system has proved to be handy for us now and in the past I am becoming concerned that clubs in this league may become B Teams for those in the premier league by stealth in the next few years .  Having heard Frank yesterday, I think the most we can expect in January is a loan or two. If we don't go up probably for the next couple of years as well. This is being powered by the rather strange FFP ruling that if you buy a player for 5 million and he leaves for nowt it's a 5 million loss. 

Surely this needs revisiting to prevent clubs with long and proud history's becoming Watfords u23 team .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s going the opposite way. The loan window has been abolished, there’s been fewer loans since the introduction of the U23 Premier League and these days, top flight clubs are often loaning to the highest bidder on the loan fee, rather than selecting clubs that are the best fit for the player.

This, combined with the fact that it looks likely that the governing bodies will introduce loan caps to prevent the likes of City and Chelsea “farming” players, makes it possible to argue that things are going too far the other way.

If we do finish the season with 5 Premier League loans in the squad, I’d view it more as a swan song for the system rather than a sign of things to come.

Well if you think about it we signed Butterfield Anya and thorne on 4 year contracts for about £13-£15 million plus wages and we have had about one season on the pitch off each of them which is utterly staggering ! So a one season loan of a good player who is motivated is a heck of a lot of better value?

Archived