Does Frank know his best 11 ?

RiddingsRam

8 hours ago, Richard246 said:

The Problem is the Strikers perhaps Frank should try playing a 4-4-2 which would allow us to play Marriot and Waghorn up front together.

Midfield 4 of Bennett  Bryson  Johnson  Mount

or if the objective is to get Waghorn & Marriott playing in their best positions, try this

Carson
      Keogh  Davies   Tomori.
Bogle                                  Malone
          Johnson      Bryson 
                   Mount
        Waghorn    Marriott

...wouldn't need 2 DMs with 3 at the back though, so maybe try

Carson
       Keogh   Davies   Tomori
Bogle                                  Malone
                Huddlestone                
      Bennett   Mount  Josefzoon
                   Waghorn       

lots of viable combinations/swaps.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/09/2018 at 10:30, cosmic said:

There's an argument that he shouldn't have a best eleven. But rather a few combinations of different elevens that can perform at the same level. Using the full squad. I think we're close to that, there aren't many weak links, especially when you try and pick a front line on paper (recent form and impact aside).

In a nutshell, that's what I think he's trying to do, especially with the forwards.

Midfield, however, I think he just hasn't ccracked it yet, but once what they're aall doing becomes effective aand established, it should bbe easier in theory to change personnel.

No one including myself have mentioned Wilson in the starting line up , time yet for him and Holmes it's a squad game these days and we have many positive forward options .

Carson 

Bogle Keogh Davis Forsyth

Bryson Evans Mount 

Bennett Waghorn Lawrence 

Subs

Tomori Holmes Marriott Ledley Nugent 

Roos Josefzoon  

That's leaving:  Wisdom  Malone Wilson Johnson out and Pearce Anya Thorne Butterfield nowhere ...

Good squad 22 first team and youth pushing through ... January window will be very interesting .?

Archived