SBW Meets: Dean Sturridge

Our latest podcast is up now:

SBW sat down with one of Derby's greatest recent goalscorers. Dean Sturridge told us how he became a 20-goal-a-season striker, his relationship with Baiano and Wanchope, the Baseball Ground, and much more. 'Deano' also discusses his failed move to Arsenal, breaking through from the Derby youth team, and his thoughts on the current Rams set-up under Frank Lampard.

Cheers for listening! Chris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoy listening to these interviews plus the normal podcasts. Nice to get a sensible view on things,  especially useful are the away match reports as sometimes hard to get a balanced view from radio derby. Satisfies some of my mid week obsession with Dcfc. You lot deserve a lot of credit for it- keep it up 

4 hours ago, Lambface said:

Really enjoy listening to these interviews plus the normal podcasts. Nice to get a sensible view on things,  especially useful are the away match reports as sometimes hard to get a balanced view from radio derby. Satisfies some of my mid week obsession with Dcfc. You lot deserve a lot of credit for it- keep it up 

Thanks a lot for that, much appreciated. We enjoy producing them. Hopefully more to come depending on who I can track down...!

I listened to the Peschisolido interview today after enjoying the Sturridge one immensely. They are both top guys and so many good insights from times gone by. If you haven't heard them, they are a fascinating listen.

Sturridge gives a great account of what it's like to be a young player trying to make it, and his critique of himself of a kid is brilliant.

The Pesch one has some incredible insights. His admiration of Billy is so interesting, but you can tell how we got him at his peak before he descended in paranoia (that playoff fake injury!). It made me re-assess the promotion season again though and remember that the, now joke, character of Billy Davies did something rather special. Maybe the club should invite him back to say hello at some point?

The way Pesch was let go was appalling though. Was it Billy going crazy, or was it the LOG perhaps showing Billy had a point. I'd rather had Pesch playing for free than Eddie Lewis 750kish plus wages.

I'd love to know more about why Pesch and others were banished to the reserves by Phil Brown too. I think I can guess who was the fool in this instance. Great info on a young Gary Rowett too.

I think these interviews have appeal beyond Rams Fans so will see if other footy-pod-loving friends enjoy them.

Keep up the great work guys and how can you get to a point where we have a pod after each match?!

I think these interviews have appeal beyond Rams Fans so will see if other footy-pod-loving friends enjoy them.

Keep up the great work guys and how can you get to a point where we have a pod after each match?!

Thanks, and please do spread the word.
I'd love to do it more often, but as anyone who's ever done podcasting will tell you, it's a big effort, very time consuming and often difficult to get everyone in one place regularly. I think once a fortnight is a decent balance to just about keep on top of DCFC goings-on... plus I don't want to try @David's patience by spamming the forum with podcast links once a week!

Archived