Penalty taker?

DCFC1976

Whoever is taking them needs to have practised solidly. We all saw the benefit of that in the world cup when finally England players did systematic training on this. I had no confidence in the likes of Martin or Bent from 12 yards as they seemed to miss as many as they scored in recent times.

I'd expect Lawrence to be similar as he's a bit hit and miss when shooting, but if he's trained well for them then fair enough. It has been a such a relief to see Vydra standing over the ball and feel confident of the net bulging.

Let's hope we get several pens tonight so we can find out! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot the newbies,

Wilson took one for Hull and missed

FloJo has never taken one, but interesting he has scored a few free kicks in his career

Bennett has missed his only one, which was in a shootout

Butterfield (2), Evans (2) and Wisdom (1) all have 100% records, but have only ever taken them in shootouts.

On 02/08/2018 at 22:44, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not Lawrence after the one v Cov...Marriott or Wilson.

it be a different situation in a league match instead of a friendly im sure lawrence mount wilson marriott wilson or bennett would all fancy 1 

16 hours ago, Rample said:

Nugent took 12 for Leicester in 2013/4 - got quite excited by his record when I saw this article...

"After Leicester were awarded their fifth penalty in five straight games – and David Nugent scored his sixth of the season"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2441758/Leicester-awarded-FIVE-penalties-games-Nugent-SIX-season---Sportsmail-weird-wonderful-pen-stats.html

Finished the season scoring 9 and missing 3. 

Career stats: scored 13 missed 3 (plus 1 in a shootout)

The rest:

Lawrence scored 2 for Wales U21 and missed 1 for Rotherham

Martin scored 15 (plus 2 in shoot outs) missed 7

Bryson scored 1 missed 1

Johnson scored 0 missed 1

Vydra scored 11 missed 3 (1 for us, 2 for Reading)

Ledley is 100%, one in the league, one in a shootout

Keogh has scored 2, missed one all in shootouts

Huddlestone has scored 6 missed 3 including shoot outs

Surprisingly Jerome has never taken one

The winner by a mile - Blackman with 100% who has scored 16 (including 3 in shootouts) and never missed any

Blackman's penalty against... was it sheff wed? Simply perfect, definitely among the best penalties I've seen.

Lampard wasn't too bad, was he?

Archived