What kind of area is Littleover?

Cisse

17 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Nowt wrong wi Chezzy accent tha knows. 

I can't get my head around why they say reet for right and tret for teated. 

So "if eed a tret er reet she wunt a left im".

My mum's family were all from up there - Tupton, North Wingfield, Clay Cross etc. There was a definite language barrier, seeing as my dad's folks were from Little Eaton, Coxbench, Ossley Woodouse etc. If they met up on neutral territory (say Matlock or Ambergate) they used to need interpreters.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cisse said:

Yes that's the one that got me thinking.

With a t/o of almost half a million pounds a year this is a busy outlet so the objective would be to maintain and consolidate this but it seems to be more of a general store with an alcohol licence. With a business of this size established supply chains will be in place. It has an HND service or 'Home News Delivery' which is good in terms of more assured t/o rather than casual or passing trade. This means newspapers and magazines etc are delivered to customers homes and requires very early mornings seven days a week to put together the delivery rounds. No shows of the deliverers can cause problems. The flat above seems value accommodation at the opportunity cost of £4800 pa in lost rent (depending on the terms of the existing tenancy). There is a shortish period left on the renewable lease - would retail be completely new to you?

19 hours ago, eddie said:

Has Sage dragged you along to the cricket yet? Up at Chesterfield over the last few days, especially the game against Yorkshire at the weekend, it was like a different language, what with all the "By eckaslikes" and "Eeee, ecky thumps" being spoken. And I don't mean the Yorkshire people either. I felt proper posh.

One of my favourite cricket grounds in England is Queens Park.

40 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

One of my favourite cricket grounds in England is Queens Park.

Mine too - for watching. I hated playing there though.

I doubt the Littleover bargain booze is the place for this. Sandwiched in between Phil the barbers and Birds bakery. A co-op and Iceland bookend the shops, which both sell alcohol. 

It's a busy little shopping hub but one for convenience (you'd be right opposite a whole row of takeaways) - I think you'd want someone more aesthetically pleasing for an upmarket offer like yours. Or somewhere stand alone, like that weird shisha bar down Burton Road. Mind you, that used to be a wine store and closed down, which was a shame as that's where I liked to shop. 

Also, we don't really have the same culture here of wondering what wine to have with our kebabs - unless you want to set up in Quardon where all the rich folk live.

Archived