What kind of area is Littleover?

Cisse

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, David said:

Second hand watch shop I will take a guess at

Now do you mean 'second hand' watches as in not new? Or a shop selling second hands for watches?

There's a liquer store at sale there. I happen to have some education on the subject. 

The numbers given ain't bad. I have some ideas how to make the numbers better.

Also found a really nice place for rent. Doing some math here right now.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Cisse said:

There's a liquer store at sale there. I happen to have some education on the subject. 

The numbers given ain't bad. I have some ideas how to make the numbers better.

Also found a really nice place for rent. Doing some math here right now.

I am sure you know what you re doing better than me, but I would be taking into account the affect more and more aldi, lidl etc popping up and morrisons, asda etc doing home deliveries.

Also, not sure what effect the introduction of a minimum cost per unit for alcohol would have on independent shops. In theory it could make it more a level playing field I guess?

And bargain boozes don't tend to stick around for long, well they don't up here as they are not bargains, same price as supermarkets and even Spar shops are becoming much cheaper.

If it's got a fair whack of houses and some distance from other shops, might do alright.

If you go for something that sells the Belgian stuff that you won't find in supermarkets, might do alright with advertising. 

But if it's just another Fosters and Carling store with a supermarket down the road and a bunch of other shops, dunno, if the accounts say it's doing alright, go for it. 

If it's the one in Littleover Village then bear in mind there's a big Co-op about 100 yards down the road, another smaller one within a mile and another about to be built within 2 miles.

As for the people... all the best folk live there, but pretend their address is Mickleover.

Actually I'm working on a level of hearsay that liquer stores don' t necesserily don't know which wines goes which foods and so on. Also I've heard that there is no great competition of giving courses of wine and champagne courses.

Considering of taking the risk of losing all my money.

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

Actually I'm working on a level of hearsay that liquer stores don' t necesserily don't know which wines goes which foods and so on. Also I've heard that there is no great competition of giving courses of wine and champagne courses.

Wait... people buy wine to go with food?

2 minutes ago, Cisse said:

No one cares about that stuff it's cost that counts. I tend to base a bottle of wine for £5 or under and if you stick a 50% off sticker on it is sure to sell.

Archived