Sheffield Rams

TuffLuff

12 hours ago, philmycock said:

I've lived up here for over 8 years and love it.  But I still can't stand the dirge that is that song.

And, to be really pedantic (and not your fault Philmycock) that picture isn't of Ilkley Moor. Me and the dogs walked on those flagstones this morning. They're right at the top on Rombalds Moor. Ilkley Moor is lower down.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the interest shown in this, as a rough idea I think I’m plumping for the Birmingham game on 3rd November unless we get a different KO to 3pm.

Ill reignite this start of October and see what we can do.

Cheers!

On 27/07/2018 at 20:42, TuffLuff said:

Over time I’ve noticed a few of us currently live in or around Sheffield and sometimes get the train over. If this applies to you, if we got together and chose a game to meet at Sheffield Tap beforehand, had a drink and got the train to the game and back. If we could arrange would this be something people would be interested in? I may/may not be suggesting this after just having a pint in Sheffield Tap and currently sat on platform 1b

The rare chance I get to a game this is my calling point Tuffluff. From Manchester end it’s handy. Met a friendly couple of Rams here when we played Sheff Wed last season. Don’t think that was you?  They were opening a micropub in Bakewell. Ale is always good quality there though even if the games sometimes aren’t ? Yorkshire ales best due to fantastic water!! 

22 hours ago, SKRam said:

The rare chance I get to a game this is my calling point Tuffluff. From Manchester end it’s handy. Met a friendly couple of Rams here when we played Sheff Wed last season. Don’t think that was you?  They were opening a micropub in Bakewell. Ale is always good quality there though even if the games sometimes aren’t ? Yorkshire ales best due to fantastic water!! 

Ah not me unfortunately but I do know where it’s going to be, glad to hear it’s been run by some rams fans though! Bakewell has needed something like that for 2-3 years now.

Once I get round to organising an actual date I’ll make sure you know and hopefully you can make it, the more the merrier!

Most annoyed to find that there are no trains through Chesterfield to Derby until 7 October due to the engineering work going on. Looks like it will be a dry first few home games for me, narnas to getting a replacement bus service! 

Any other rams rams fans normally get the train through/from Chesterfield seeking alternative ways of getting there?

Will be a lot driving from Chesterfield until October. Expect the A38 to get busier than normal.

Not sure about the red arrow bus service. That might be an alternative.

Are Network Rail running replacement buses from C'field station?

Archived