Carson

Bogle        Wisdom        Davies   D.Mitchell

Huddlestone 

Palmer                       Mount

Wilson                                            Lawrence  

Marriott

Bench - J.Mitchell, Keogh, Lowe, Ledley, Johnson, Thomas, Jerome

Reserves - Roos, Pearce, Bogle, Lowe, Thorne, Guy, Elsnik, Bennett, Nugent

Out - Forsyth, Olsson, Hanson, Bryson, Butterfield, Anya, Blackman, Vydra, Martin

In - Mitchell(500k), Palmer(Loan), Mount(Loan), Wilson(Loan), Marriott(5m)

5.5m

Out - Forsyth(1m), Olsson(500k), Hanson(500k), Butterfield(1m), Bryson(1.5m), Anya(1m), Blackman(1m), Weimann(2m), Vydra(12m), Martin(2m)

22.5m

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks decent if we are playing a high pressing game. Wisdom at centre back could be a good choice as his speed can help to prevent counters. He played centre back whilst on loan at red bull Salzburg, a team well known for their high pressing, and did fairly well. 

I think the midfield looks a bit open though. Probably needs another energetic midfielder in there instead of Palmer.

Front three looks really good though on paper.

It's refreshing to see you've believed every transfer rumour over the past 3 weeks but realistically with only 3 weeks of the window left I doubt it'll look anything like that. A midfield three where Huddlestone sits behind Mount and Palmer looks exciting. 

I'd like to add although the loan signings look good on paper, I'd like to see us cap that at 2 players. We need to invest in our own young talent and I agree with you that more of our academy players will make the first team. 

I'd suggest that if we play the formation Frank went for yesterday he'll not want to let Bryson go. It could be similar for Chris Martin? 

10 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

I'd suggest that if we play the formation Frank went for yesterday he'll not want to let Bryson go. It could be similar for Chris Martin? 

Either half yesterday Martin would have been better than Nuge or Jerome.

I will hazard a guess 

Carson 

wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth    

Huddlestone 

Mount      Bryson 

lawrence    Xxxxxx.   Wilson 

xxxxxxx represents either a fit Martin a still here Vydra a we can still use you until Xmas nugent or a Jerome or even a transfer surprise 

bench to be well used gk lowe Bennett Thomas ( one of said forwards under xxxxxx) thorne or ledley and anyone else needed to cover injured rams 

that back five and Huddlestone is still one of the best in the championship with bogle and lowe to join in when appropriate with a midfield of Huddlestone to pass the ball and hopefully a mount and Bryson to do the legwork with thorne Elsnick and Butterfield to step in and a forward line that can pass cross and shoot on target with Bennett and Thomas waiting for thier chance 

obviously we actually need to sign the two loans in mount and Wilson but it has a whole new feel to it 

16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Bryson will either sign a new deal or be sold. Last year of his contract isnt it? Be mental to let it run down and get nowt next summer.

Bennett deserves a proper run in the side IMO

Ordinarily you are very correct but Bryson seems a different beast as I believe he genuinely wants to play for Derby county and if he was doing until Xmas and doing well he may well be offered a new and cheaper contract extension or sold at that point 

last season we were told Rowett didn’t want Bryson to go but let him out on loan to save money but then dropped the clanger of trying to sign the Birmingham Dutch bloke that couldn’t fill the form in properly for £150,000 at the same time - net result we had neither but we had a right big hole in a non running midfield and Bryson ended up with a championship promotion on his cv but still came to watch Derby whenever Cardiff weren’t playing - yep we ended up with ledley in a fortunate manor to save the season but it was a defensive save.

I cannot pick a team but these players will start against Reading in my opinion. 

Carson. Keogh. Davies. Bryson. Lawrence. Vydra. Thomas. Huddlestone. 

Next likely starters - Forsyth. Wisdom. 

Others - cast of thousands decided by pure season games and new signings?!? 

Carson

wisdom.  Keogh.   Davies.  Fozzy

.                 Huddlestone

.          Bryson.      Vydra

thomas.      Martin.     Lawrence

subs

roos, bogle, lowe, thorne, bennett, nugent, butterfield, 

Archived