If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Ipswich would have offered him a salary commensurate with a total football league management rookie with zero exerperience of managing a football league team

If we ignore the assumption that Ipswich offered a competitive salary for the role, if Lampard politely declined that offer, how does that = screwing them over?

1 minute ago, David said:

If we ignore the assumption that Ipswich offered a competitive salary for the role, if Lampard politely declined that offer, how does that = screwing them over?

He turned it down as he wanted more money as his vast football league managerial pedigree should command

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Why else would Lampard have turned it down then. QED. 

Perhaps he spoke with their board and wasn't impressed with what they told him and decided it wasn't for him. Not all decisions have to be money related.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

He turned it down as he wanted more money as his vast football league managerial pedigree should command

Whether you're right or wrong, declining a job offer that you feel undervalued by is not screwing anyone over. 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Still doesn’t mean he screwed them over, any manager/player is allowed to negotiate a deal that they are comfortable with. For all you know the stumbling block could have been the number of years on the contract, loyalty bonuses, compensation, transfer budget. More to a contract than just the weekly wage. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Whether you're right or wrong, declining a job offer that you feel undervalued by is not screwing anyone over. 

How can you feel undervalued when you have zero football management experience 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why else would Lampard have turned it down then. QED. 

The rumours were he was offered 300k a year- Mick McCarthy was on 1m. Turning that down is sensible, not screwing anyone over. I wouldn’t take a job knowing my predecessor in the role had been on 3 times as much

How can you feel undervalued when you have zero football management experience 

I'd feel undervalued if I got offered minimum wage for a job I have no experience in - because I feel like the experience I have in the jobs I have done are somewhat transferable, and I believe in my ability to adapt.

Am I screwing a potential employer over by declining that offer? 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The rumours were he was offered 300k a year- Mick McCarthy was on 1m. Turning that down is sensible, not screwing anyone over. I wouldn’t take a job knowing my predecessor in the role had been on 3 times as much

Not when you have zero years experience managing a football club and the predecessor many,  many years. Have you never seen a job advertisement  stating salary is DOE dependant on experience?

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'd feel undervalued if I got offered minimum wage for a job I have no experience in - because I feel like the experience I have in the jobs I have done are somewhat transferable, and I believe in my ability to adapt.

That would depend on whether or not you are @Inglorius choice for the job.

Not when you have zero years experience managing a football club and the predecessor many,  many years. Have you never seen a job advertisement  stating salary is DOE dependant on experience?

No-ones saying that Ipswich were *wrong* to offer him a low amount.

But him declining that offer is not "screwing them over". That implies that his declination of that offer has been a huge setback for them, which is silly. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Your potential employer will judge whether your skills are intertransferable then dependant on their opinion offer a starting salary accordingly

You are still assuming it is all about the money and not the lack of ambition shown by Ipswich.

Not that dependant it isn’t. Can understand offering him lower wages but that would put him among the lowest earners in the Division, no way would he, or should he, take that.

Just now, SaintRam said:

No-ones saying that Ipswich were *wrong* to offer him a low amount.

But him declining that offer is not "screwing them over". That implies that his declination of that offer has been a huge setback for them, which is silly. 

Am not sure how he would have benchmarked his acceptable starting salary given he can't compare himself to other football league managers who DO have management experience.

I think everybody is forgetting that the Ipswich job would probably be slightly more risky than Derbys.. a younger and inferior squad with a lot smaller budget..

Probably that will be more important to Frank than how much he's getting paid .. he doesn't need the money, we all know he wants to be chelsea / England manager one day.

Archived