Signed Nugent '24 second' Auction

NorfolkRam

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Maybe you should have E-bay'd it.

It's a match worn shirt, by a scorer in the biggest Derby match of the year, which we won convincingly. 

It's worth a lot more than £250, surely.

mate i considered many different ways of auctioning it but I've found since we've been fundraising that getting people to click a link is a difficult task. I saw an shirt auction on Facebook and it did OK so i figured where's the best and largest DCFC community and can i link all of Facebook to it rather than one page? So figured this was the best hope we had!

all that above or i'm just p!ss poor at this sort of thing lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Redcar said:

Lottery based system would have generated more.

59 Tickets @ £10 each

Anyone can buy as many as they like.

Guaranteed £590

Fairly sure you would need a gambling licence to run this online, bonkers I know.

4 hours ago, David said:

Fairly sure you would need a gambling licence to run this online, bonkers I know.

No mention of lottery mate, just using the bonus ball for a selected lottery draw.

Its done on Facebook pages for raffles loads.... generates loads of dosh, the seller gets what they want and people can participate and potentially win something at the fraction of the perceived value.

19 hours ago, Redcar said:

No mention of lottery mate, just using the bonus ball for a selected lottery draw.

Its done on Facebook pages for raffles loads.... generates loads of dosh, the seller gets what they want and people can participate and potentially win something at the fraction of the perceived value.

Yes I will second that, I’ve tried to get a couple of Derby shirts that way, I am on a derby county shirt collectors face book page with 150 members, not many would want to pay £450 for the shirt but many would buy a £10 ticket, also eBay there would be a lot of interest by the bigger collectors, the big one is if we get to the play offs, if we lose on Sunday a lot of interest will end but if we go through it opens up a whole lot of new offers !

either way would deffo get more than £250

On 30/04/2018 at 22:44, Redcar said:

Lottery based system would have generated more.

59 Tickets @ £10 each

Anyone can buy as many as they like.

Guaranteed £590

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

Yes I will second that, I’ve tried to get a couple of Derby shirts that way, I am on a derby county shirt collectors face book page with 150 members, not many would want to pay £450 for the shirt but many would buy a £10 ticket, also eBay there would be a lot of interest by the bigger collectors, the big one is if we get to the play offs, if we lose on Sunday a lot of interest will end but if we go through it opens up a whole lot of new offers !

either way would deffo get more than £250

That's a very interesting concept, unfortunately this one has already been started so I don't think it would be fair on those who have bid to stop and restart it.

@coneheadjohn has very kindly donated a second signed shirt from a couple of years ago so I can maybe look at doing it for that one.

Hi all,

With regards to all that has been suggested above, I have spoken with reveldevil as the highest bidder and he is happy for the auction to be closed and changed to the lottery based system as it seems the best way to generate money for the fundraising. I'm going to get this set up today and get the ball rolling ASAP and the entry will be donated directly onto the page so once it starts theirs no stopping it this time! I will post as soon as it is ready to go.

Thanks all.

Archived