Would you rather....

whiteroseram

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Which manager would everyone want though? For me I think we could do a lot worse than Paul Cook at Wigan. Plays good football and has had decent success where he has been, albeit lower leagues.

Having said all that we cant keep chopping and changing, look at Brighton, had they sacked Houghton when they finished 20th would they have gone up shortly after? I do miss the attractive flowing football though.

Houghton encourages his team to play football. I would think that's why he was kept on.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Houghton encourages his team to play football. I would think that's why he was kept on.

I know that but the point is you need to find some level of stability. IIRC when Rowett came in he said we would move the ball through the lines quicker and be more direct yet we have reverted to backwards and sideways passing. So frustrating.

24 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I know that but the point is you need to find some level of stability. IIRC when Rowett came in he said we would move the ball through the lines quicker and be more direct yet we have reverted to backwards and sideways passing. So frustrating.

I do get the impression we're really not very good at being a Gary Rowett team. If we were, we'd be pretty confident every game we'd keep most teams out, be fast and leathal on the counter and never, ever, go away feeling it was easy for the other side. That's not happening right now. We're in a negativity spin. A bold victory over Boro might help but I fear it's terminal for this season.

Archived