lymphoma support group

dog

My dad's been diagnosed with what seems to be a very aggressive form of lymphoma. 

Any idea if there are any support groups in Derby? I'm especially concerned about my mum who has taken the news harder than dad.

Cheers 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dog said:

My dad's been diagnosed with what seems to be a very aggressive form of lymphoma. 

Any idea if there are any support groups in Derby? I'm especially concerned about my mum who has taken the news harder than dad.

Cheers 

Really sorry to hear about that, awful news for all involved.

Agree with what you say, support is not just for the person diagnosed its for loved ones too.

According the the Macmillan site there is one at the Royal Derby...

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/in-your-area/local-dashboard/detail/Practical help and support groups/8973/Derby-Lymphoma-Association-Support-Group

Having been in a similar position when I was diagnosed with my blood condition a few years ago I know its good to seek support, even if its people to just talk to. The information you can get from support groups will be much better than anything you can find on google.

All the best.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Cheers 

I’m really sad to hear it mate,keep us informed,give us as much information as you can and we’ll help you as much as we can.

Positive attitude to everything mate,do the basics well(eating,sleeping etc)and try and be positive.

It’s not going to be easy but you’re going to need to keep yourself fit and well,when it all becomes a big mess and everyone panics try and take a step back rather than get involved if you can.

Do more of the things that make you feel good,when things start to go wrong you’re in the best position.

Try and not worry about things you can’t control,

@Paul71 is a good person to speak to.

Keep us up to speed mate ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2018 at 16:28, dog said:

Cheers 

Hope everything is looking a little brighter for you and your family.

Archived