Clough attacked me, claims Billy Davies

lyndsey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting the note the bio of the Guardian article author

Daniel Taylor is a football writer. He has been the Guardian's man in Manchester since 2000. He previously worked as a Manchester-based freelance for several titles. He has written books on Manchester United and Nottingham Forest

Forest fan in peace here. First of all well done on winning the game, you wanted it more and upped your game well and we didn't cope well with your pressing and closing down. I also think the ocassion got to some of our players, whilst you clearly rose to it.

As BD's allegations I don't think he would go to the national press with a lie like this, if proven a liar this would reflect very, very badly on him. Plus what is he really gaining by making these allegations? I don't think he has any personal gripe with Clough at all. So I think something did occur.

However it could well have been accidental, Davies doesn't know what Clough's intentions were at all. Therefore I think he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut over this one and sorting it out privately.

you'll be gutted if the footage proves Billy right...

Bakeri666 ! I doubt this very much it's just another 'toys out the pram' statement from a bitter manager who is starting to show his true colours, as you will find out - and you are usually so level headed :p

To be honest, unless anyone was watching Clough's knee during the handbags, how does anyone know if he did or didn't? The Football League Show hardly showed any of the footage, so you are all guessing at the moment.

I'm reserving comment until the FA have seen video footage. One player could find himself in hot water, Rob Hulse. Jumping off the bench to join in the tit, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the end of a FA charge.

I maybe wrong but I don't recall seeing the rest of the Derby subs or Forest subs getting involved like Hulse did. I'm only going on the 10 seconds of footage, and 5 Live saying Hulse was lucky not to be red carded.

We want passion but expect it not to boil over.

Hulse has had a mare this season and he knows it, he gets dropped and isn't scoring. He gets picked for Plymouth and knows he should have scored (and if he is like me) would be blaming himself for the defeat.

He then scores a goal that looks like its going to be the winner and gets subbed of to an ovation. He's still pumped when the incident happens in front of him.

Its not clever to get involved but his instinct is to pile in...Now thats team spirit :D and I would prefer someone who steams in when there's a brawl compared to someone who stand aside watching.

As for Billy...... what is it about ex-Derby managers and allegations about kneeing, spitting, etc...

as if a professional manager is going to knee a fellow manager especially on a game and incident that will be in the spotlight!!! I think ned kelly has been winding this up!!

i have never heard anything so stupid!

Archived