Clough attacked me, claims Billy Davies

lyndsey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A poem in tribute to Billy D - doing the rounds -

His name is billy davies, he's short and rather fat. He said that clough assaulted him, the horrible little tw*t. The stupid fl*king red dog really is a cock, now fl*ck off back to scotland, you sweaty fl*king jock.

The red dogs game to derby, 19 unbeaten and proud

Their squad to feel heartache, the passion in the crowd

Commons is a ram, his freekick a delight

Hulse nodding home, oh campy you are so *****

Jay Mac took the dogs on, and didn't bat an eye

But dirty old billy has to come out with this lie

"He knee'd me in the leg" the dirty scum exclaimed

The victorious nigel clough, the one whom he blamed

But billy is a liar, we all know that

The FA will find the truth, and prove he's just a tw*t.

706..us/img706/6703/lyingbilly

Well well well, cheers Trig. From that I would say 2 Derby players could have made slight accidental contact with him from behind. At the start Steve Davies was right behind him, and at the end Miles Addison may have caught him.

As Derby said "laughable".

Well well well, cheers Trig. From that I would say 2 Derby players could have made slight accidental contact with him from behind. At the start Steve Davies was right behind him, and at the end Miles Addison may have caught him.

As Derby said "laughable".

agree with you, only person i think it could be is steve davies

but even then it looks like connection is minimal.

bloody fool, lets all laugh at billy davies

agree with you, only person i think it could be is steve davies

but even then it looks like connection is minimal.

Sorry, let me get this right... your saying its perfectly alright for Nigel Clough, a professional and well played football manager to kick someone in his professional capacity so long as it's Steve Davies he assaults, and so long as he messes up his attack??

whether he kicked Steve Davies or Billy Davies, whether he managed to get his full weight behind it or whether he was only able to get a toe on him the fact is you have admitted he attacked SOMEONE - surely that is indefensible!

bakeri, look at the slow motion i put on here will ya,

that just shows what a lying little jock bathtub your manager really is!

did clough kick him ? its there for all to see,

THE ANSWER IS NO!

does billy have a problem telling the truth?

the answer is YES

does billy have an even bigger problem with derby county?

you bet he does !

now can you see what the derby fans have been saying for the past year or so about billy?

he,s a lying little jock toss pott ,point proved,case closed

ps im so glad he,s your manager, cause as sure as eggs are eggs ,he,s gonna leave yer in the lurch with some cock n bull story , probably about your aquisition panel or the board, the possibilities are endless

enjoy it while it lasts!;)

Sorry, let me get this right... your saying its perfectly alright for Nigel Clough, a professional and well played football manager to kick someone in his professional capacity so long as it's Steve Davies he assaults, and so long as he messes up his attack??

whether he kicked Steve Davies or Billy Davies, whether he managed to get his full weight behind it or whether he was only able to get a toe on him the fact is you have admitted he attacked SOMEONE - surely that is indefensible!

your obviously misreading it bakers what he means is steve davies is the only one that could have made contact with billy i suggest you look next time properly before posting sunch an agressive reply just to save any arguments

Nigel Clough has no intention of apologising for allegedly assaulting Billy Davies during Derby County's victory over Nottingham Forest on Saturday and is claiming that any contact made with his counterpart during a mass confrontation on the touchline was "purely accidental".

The Derby manager made his comments shortly before the Football Association announced yesterday that it had charged both clubs for failing to control their players in the match at Pride Park.

Forest were fined £15,000 and Derby £10,000 after the team were found guilty of the same offence when they met at the City Ground in August, when another melee ensued, and it now seems inevitable the FA will invoke suspended fines of £10,000 on each club. It is also possible that the governing body will impose *additional financial penalties.

The FA has, however, decided not to take any disciplinary action against Clough or any other individuals involved in the fracas despite Davies claiming that the Derby manager "kneed me in the back of the leg". Davies's lawyer has also contacted the League Managers Association in relation to the incident, although it is unclear where that line of investigation may lead. Clough, in any case, maintains that he has done nothing wrong.

"Staff and players from both sides were involved and if there was that many bodies, there is likely to be physical contact. But it was purely accidental," said the Derby manager, who declined the opportunity to speak immediately after the match, which his side won 1-0. "I don't think I've got anything to apologise for. I've explained the situation as it happened. As far as I'm concerned, that's it. If someone else takes it further, they can."

Davies described the former Forest player as a "coward" after the game and refused to shake hands at the final whistle, but Clough remains unperturbed. "It's an opposition manager's prerogative to shake hands. And I've been called far worse than a coward in the last 30 years," said Clough, recalling an incident during his time with Burton Albion. "Steve Evans at Crawley called me far worse. He's big enough and a Scotsman, too. When you have exchanged a few words with him, it makes this look pretty tame."

There is, nonetheless, a sense that relations between Davies and Clough have deteriorated rapidly this season. It is understood that Forest broke with protocol after the match at the City Ground, when Clough and his back-room staff were not invited in for a post-match chat. Perhaps not surprisingly, Derby followed their example on Saturday. Clough added: "In our last four or five meetings, Billy hasn't spoken one word."

Clough, who was speaking at an event to mark Derby's announcement that they will be donating 2,000 items of kit from the club shop to the Haiti earthquake disaster, added that he hopes the FA will view Saturday's incident in the context in which it took place.

"Three red shirts converged on Jay McEveley. The last thing we want is a confrontation, but you can't expect his team-mates and my staff to stand there and do nothing when punches are being thrown. It's called supporting your team-mates. I know the FA want to clamp down on this kind of thing and I understand that but, at the same time, it's a derby."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/03/nigel-clough-derby-nottingham-forest-charged

sorry mate maybe i phrased it wrong, i would never condone that kind of behavior, well maybe on neil warnock, but thats a special case.

i agreed with daveo on that it seemed there was no connection, which the normal speed and slowmo video seem to suggest.

i also make the statement that if any one did make a connection it seemed as if it would be from steve davies, also though im fairly certain there is no connection from anyone that i could see.

Just go's to show you what a t*sser Billy is -

There is, nonetheless, a sense that relations between Davies and Clough have deteriorated rapidly this season. It is understood that Forest broke with protocol after the match at the City Ground, when Clough and his back-room staff were not invited in for a post-match chat. Perhaps not surprisingly, Derby followed their example on Saturday. Clough added: "In our last four or five meetings, Billy hasn't spoken one word."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived