Martin Interview

Ninos

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The problem is that the ardent followers of the kick and run style of GR and haters of Mac will always take their anger out on Martin as he's the very example of the football they never liked or wanted...

Christ :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on...it isn't Martin+pretty defeats OR No Martin+scrappy victories.

Martin played at Leeds. Victory. Martin comes on at HT at Norwich. Victory.

Rowett only this week pointed out that he's the only forward on the books who can hold the ball up, and how much technical quality he's got.

We've spent 3 years bemoaning the fact that we've got no plan B. Now we have options, and Chris Martin is a very valuable option.

I love watching Chris play his little lay offs. I love watching Nuge galloping onto a Vydra half turn and pass. I love watching Sam Winnal tap in a low cross. It's up to Gary to pick the right horse for the right course.

2 minutes ago, needles said:

Rowett only this week pointed out that he's the only forward on the books who can hold the ball up, and how much technical quality he's got.

We've spent 3 years bemoaning the fact that we've got no plan B. Now we have options, and Chris Martin is a very valuable option.

I love watching Chris play his little lay offs. I love watching Nuge galloping onto a Vydra half turn and pass. I love watching Sam Winnal tap in a low cross. It's up to Gary to pick the right horse for the right course.

Exactly...I love all of our forwards..each one so different to the other,but all bloody good.

Recipe for success if he can motivate and utilise them all to the best of their abilities 

46 minutes ago, needles said:

Gave your post a like,Needles,but to be fair to Sam,he creates the tap ins due to his movement.I've seen KP taking a fair bit of stick on here,but I wonder if his influence might be showing through.That goal against Leeds involved the kind of movement you'd have seen from KP over the years.

As far as Chris goes,I've always loved watching him play,just as I used to admire (reeling off the top of my head) O'Hare,Sheringham,Gilzean and St John,who all had more than one thing in common.

Due to my location,and other circumstances,I don't see us play anything like as much as you guys and lasses,but when I do I've always kicked and headed every ball and closely watched what was happening in the box.Given the scant time viewing,I've lost count of the number of times I've screamed 'Give it to Chris',when he's usually been in a position where he might convert easily.I just can't understand why my pleas don't just fall on stony ground,it's 10' deep concrete.

It's obvious Chris needs a goal,but what would the position have been if he'd received just a reasonable proportion of such passes? Whether scoring or not,Chris is always going to be a danger in and around the box,whether facing goal or otherwise. If playing with Sam,Vyds or Nuge he'll always find any decent runs they make,which he can see. He can adapt,and from what I've seen he is doing,simply because he's a damn good footballer,and that's the kind of thing such animals do. He's no dinosaur Ram -I think those of us who fully appreciate the guy will be seeing a lot more of him.

29 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Gave your post a like,Needles,but to be fair to Sam,he creates the tap ins due to his movement.I've seen KP taking a fair bit of stick on here,but I wonder if his influence might be showing through.That goal against Leeds involved the kind of movement you'd have seen from KP over the years.

True. I was trying to give examples of what they can do. They've all got more in their locker.

hi all

Chrissy is a true pro and a true Ram.  He could have jumped ship but didn't.  He could have thrown a strop but didn't.  Competition for places is always good, and IF we go up it will get harder not easier.

He brings certain things on the pitch that no one else does and above all he is unselfish, always laying the ball off to others rather than going for glory and goals himself.

The mix of Chrissy, Winnall, Vydra and Nugent is surely one of the best in the league.  With firepower like that we should be unbeaten in 7 games!

Really looking forward to today and to possibly being 3rd or 4th by 5pm!

COYR!!!

LR2

Archived