Ryan Air cancelling up to 50 flights a day

Sith Happens

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2017 at 10:17, ketteringram said:

May have just been lucky, but I've flown with them a lot. Maybe 40 or 50 times. Never had an issue. I've two flights booked at the moment. One in October, one November. Hopefully they go ahead. 

The full list has been published now - looks to me like mainly non-UK inter-European flights. Some Stansted flights and a handful of Manchester ones but I can't see any cancelled flights from East Mids, or Birmingham

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the situation with Ryanair? I'm thinking of going over for a few days and nearly all the flights advertised are with them. There are a couple of other companies available but from Alicante (it's nearly three times the distance compared to Valencia to the airport) and quite a bit more expensive. Have all the cancellations already been confirmed, or could I book a flight and still have it cancelled?

28 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Does anyone know the situation with Ryanair? I'm thinking of going over for a few days and nearly all the flights advertised are with them. There are a couple of other companies available but from Alicante (it's nearly three times the distance compared to Valencia to the airport) and quite a bit more expensive. Have all the cancellations already been confirmed, or could I book a flight and still have it cancelled?

Think so Rich, their site gives details.  For me the big problem is monarch 

risk maybe that ryannair spirals out of control with more pilots moving and passengers deciding to fly with others.

going to uk in 2 weeks with monarch, fez at the end of the month with ryannair need a bit of luck I think

They do make it very hard to claim. I know I tried once and because it was a technical fault I couldn't. 

I bet Ryan air won't be paying these sums out to all those affected.

I once had a flight cancelled by ryanair due to 'weather'. Because it was cancelled rather than delayed their insurance wouldn't pay out.

The real reason it was cancelled was in order to minimise schedule disruption following previous cancellations, and therefore their risk of compensation payouts. 

I could handle the cancellation but to find that the insurance was worthless was really annoying, as was the fact that they refused to give me the insurance company details.

Archived