Travel advice

dog

Not sure if we had a thread on this. Couldn't find one. Apologies if we have.

Taking my son to a uni open day in Birmingham tomorrow.  Train times and costs are prohibitive so will have to drive but  concerned about where to park.

Anyone able to recommend a park and ride where we could park up and then get to university of Birmingham train station?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, dog said:

Taking my son to a uni open day in Birmingham tomorrow.  Train times and costs are prohibitive so will have to drive but  concerned about where to park.

Anyone able to recommend a park and ride where we could park up and then get to university of Birmingham train station?

Have you checked the University website as most Universities will post travel, parking and site access information for people attending their open days.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Where are you travelling from?

Starting from Nottingham 

Would love to test his mettle but fear he'd get lost (once got lost on a train ffs,  which is like getting lost on a straight line) and I'm reasonably fond of him.

University website not as helpful as it could be.

5 hours ago, dog said:

There won't be a park and ride to something that isn't in the city centre,

You have 3 choices,

Drive and park nearby

Catch the train

Or drive to a station on the same line that is easier to get to an then catch a train. Bourneville?

Archived