Derby County Podcast - Post Huddersfield

Joel

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to the podcast for a while now and have to agree with wingfieldram - thought some of the views were slightlyunfair in parts and without reason, however as you have said people have different views. All the same it was a good listen and always look out for new podcasts 

Good listen, yeah, it seemed a bit harsh this week, but then, that's how a lot of us feel after recent weeks.

Good contribution to Radio Derby's moaning monday as well.

Keep it up! :)

You never know, we might win v Blackpool and look like football gods again - it's the hope that kills...

​Sorry gents, only just saw these posts.

That's fair, we all have our views. I think the previous podcast was probably a build up of the frustration a lot of fans have felt for a good few weeks but as I say, we all have differing opinions and that's what the podcast is all about.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Only a few more left for the remainder of the season, hopefully we can extend it slightly!

​Sorry gents, only just saw these posts.

That's fair, we all have our views. I think the previous podcast was probably a build up of the frustration a lot of fans have felt for a good few weeks but as I say, we all have differing opinions and that's what the podcast is all about.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Only a few more left for the remainder of the season, hopefully we can extend it slightly!

​Had any thoughts on what you're going to do over the summer? 

​Had any thoughts on what you're going to do over the summer? 

​Yeah... In short, not a lot!

We'll have an end of season review after the Reading / Play-Off games should we be there, more than likely a pod when McClaren leaves / we appoint someone else and then around pre-season we'll have a season preview etc.

Something along those lines.

Obviously, with no games there won't be one every week but we'll still put a few out there. In the process of sorting a more structured approach to it next year but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We've had a decent run so far and the number of listeners is pretty consistent so we'll just try and grow that and tweak it a little. I think we're going along the right lines. The content is good, obviously not everyone agrees but I'd suspect that a fair amount do.

Maybe do one or two on signings? Imagine they'll be quite a few whoever the manager is. 

​Yeah, I'd imagine we will do. I'd suspect it'll be a busy summer (which we discussed in today's pod).

Liked the note Chris ended on, wish he could take his enthusiasm in that direction more than the negative, writing players off completely because of one poor Tuesday night performance direction he usually goes.

To be honest, I really hope you eat your words, because there's still so much to play for this season, I think it seems so dark at the moment people are getting caught up in it all. The play-off's is just 3 games of football, that very often the favourites don't win, throwing up freak results. This league is so mental that I'm not writing anything off.

If we go up, I really think the management will stay and give us a shot in the PL. But maybe I'm just young and naive.

Liked the note Chris ended on, wish he could take his enthusiasm in that direction more than the negative, writing players off completely because of one poor Tuesday night performance direction he usually goes.

To be honest, I really hope you eat your words, because there's still so much to play for this season, I think it seems so dark at the moment people are getting caught up in it all. The play-off's is just 3 games of football, that very often the favourites don't win, throwing up freak results. This league is so mental that I'm not writing anything off.

If we go up, I really think the management will stay and give us a shot in the PL. But maybe I'm just young and naive.

​Yeah, personally, I'm not writing Warnock off but I don't think he's an improvement on Forsyth. I think we needed more experience in January but I'm not sure a left back was absolutely vital.

I hope we eat our words. I hope we go up through the Play-Offs but given how we've played over the previous two months I just can't see it. To me, we look like a team that has lost belief in their manager and I think the reasons for that are fairly obvious.

The Q&A with McClaren on Thursday will be interesting, there's no way he'll get out of it without being asked about the Newcastle job and it astounding that a coach of such experience hasn't figured out a system to work without certain players and as mentioned before, he's had 18 months to sort that defence out and they're probably worse now than at any other stage of his tenure which should be bemusing.

Anyway, each to their own. Of course I hope we go up but based on the previous two months, I can't see it.

​Yeah, personally, I'm not writing Warnock off but I don't think he's an improvement on Forsyth. I think we needed more experience in January but I'm not sure a left back was absolutely vital.

I hope we eat our words. I hope we go up through the Play-Offs but given how we've played over the previous two months I just can't see it. To me, we look like a team that has lost belief in their manager and I think the reasons for that are fairly obvious.

The Q&A with McClaren on Thursday will be interesting, there's no way he'll get out of it without being asked about the Newcastle job and it astounding that a coach of such experience hasn't figured out a system to work without certain players and as mentioned before, he's had 18 months to sort that defence out and they're probably worse now than at any other stage of his tenure which should be bemusing.

Anyway, each to their own. Of course I hope we go up but based on the previous two months, I can't see it.

​Yeah, wasn't having a dig at you lot, I definitely see your POV, but ultimately I'm hoping we look back at this period as just a dark time.

If I was in a film, I'd say something about the night being darkest before the dawn, or some **** like that.

Enjoyed, keep it up and I hope you keep the pod going next season as well. Seems only sensible to not do so much in the summer. And yup, I think the side will be very different next year

Loving the podcasts too. 

​Cheers both. Keep listening and spread the word!

It's been a bit negative the last few weeks, but no one's really said anything I disagree with to be honest.

I listened to the last episode while running a half marathon yesterday morning :)

​You clearly run much quicker than me. I listened to two episodes while running 10 miles. :) Those guys sure do like to see the down side of everything. I was running between a canal and railway line, they nearly had me veering off :(

​You clearly run much quicker than me. I listened to two episodes while running 10 miles. :) Those guys sure do like to see the down side of everything. I was running between a canal and railway line, they nearly had me veering off :(

Apologies for the negativity over recent weeks. As stated previously, we're all a bit frustrated with the goings on over the past few months.

We'll try to be more positive in the future! And in our defence, if you listen back we were far more positive early on in the season! 

I think people get the hump when they don't have a way of explaining away a situation. I am sure that's why people turn to religion. Stops them going "Ain't got a scooby". When it comes to our complete and utter capitulation, I ain't got a scooby.  

Archived