Champions League

Hermanshire

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool have drawn Hoffenheim in the qualifying, should be a good test for them, certainly doesn't constitute as an easy draw by any means, Hoffenheim looked a top side at Derby, and their manager is extremely highly rated.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Liverpool have drawn Hoffenheim in the qualifying, should be a good test for them, certainly doesn't constitute as an easy draw by any means, Hoffenheim looked a top side at Derby, and their manager is extremely highly rated.

Many Liverpool fans are saying that they will destroy them because they weren't very impressed with hoffenheim last season and that they are nothing compared to the mighty Liverpool as they don't have their history etc. I'd love it if Liverpool lost, that sort of entitlement by fans of the top 6 clubs in England is why people love it when they lose.

Just now, McLovin said:

Many Liverpool fans are saying that they will destroy them because they weren't very impressed with hoffenheim last season and that they are nothing compared to the mighty Liverpool as they don't have their history etc. I'd love it if Liverpool lost, that sort of entitlement by fans of the top 6 clubs in England is why people love it when they lose.

I think they'll get a shock. I think the Bundesliga is a top league, people claim it's just Bayern and Dortmund, but I think it goes further than that, I think teams like Leipzig and Hoffenheim are also top sides. They think winning a few pre season games in Germany means it'll be easy for them, I think they're a touch deluded..

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I think they'll get a shock. I think the Bundesliga is a top league, people claim it's just Bayern and Dortmund, but I think it goes further than that, I think teams like Leipzig and Hoffenheim are also top sides. They think winning a few pre season games in Germany means it'll be easy for them, I think they're a touch deluded..

I think the Bundesliga is a great league with numerous established big clubs with huge following, but as for the quality it isn't particularly great with the defending especially terrible on occasions.

Hoffenheim lost two decent players to Bayern this summer which was a shame.

Would love to see them knock Liverpool out, but I don't think they will unfortunately, It's a shame these two drew each other as you want to see them both competing in the CL rather than the likes of CSKA Moscow and Steaua Bucharest who offer very little.

It would be good to see Nice get through too, but they've got a tough one against Napoli.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think the Bundesliga is a great league with numerous established big clubs with huge following, but as for the quality it isn't particularly great with the defending especially terrible on occasions.

Would love to see them knock Liverpool out, but I don't think they will unfortunately, It's a shame these two drew each other as you want to see them both competing in the CL rather than the likes of CSKA Moscow and Steaua Bucharest who offer very little.

It would be good to see Nice get through too, but they've got a tough one against Napoli.

The biggest shame in the Bundesliga is the monopoly held by Bayern, if it was a bit more even it would be a very entertaining league. I like the technical football played in Germany, I think they play something somewhat in between English and Spanish, not too kick and rush, or too much 'tippy tappy' as it were. Agree though, some sides such as CSKA Moscow are a waste of a Champions League spot, just there to be out in groups. 

It's a shame Napoli and Nice drew each other, rather than drawing young boys instead, who again if they qualify will be a waste of a slot. 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liverpool just lost lallana for 2 months minimum and sturridge picked up a knock. Might just have got a bit more even.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Liverpool just lost lallana for 2 months minimum and sturridge picked up a knock. Might just have got a bit more even.

Don't think they get in their best XI anyway.

I liked the line-up they had against Bayern. Very fluid in midfield and attack playing on the counter.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Don't think they get in their best XI anyway.

I liked the line-up they had against Bayern. Very fluid in midfield and attack playing on the counter.

From the few minutes I saw, mane looked to be in fine form but I picked up from the commentary that Liverpool were playing 2 matches on consecutive days. So I couldn't tell how close to the first Xi that team was.

Archived