Linekers salary

PistoldPete2

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I don’t think you’re in any position to imply that I don’t understand why it happens if you think the only biological difference between men and women is what’s in their pants.

So which biological differences enable men to be better television presenters, justifying their superior salary?

15 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

So which biological differences enable men to be better television presenters, justifying their superior salary?

Who said anything about being better?

There could well be some tbh, I find it difficult to imagine a  female Clarkson. But we were talking about salary negotiations. 

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

we were talking about salary negotiations. 

Indeed, and you were using it as yet another opportunity for expressing your extreme and irrational views on gender. 

On 26/01/2018 at 11:35, StringerBell said:

A win for the gender communists.

14 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Indeed, and you were using it as yet another opportunity for expressing your extreme and irrational views on gender. 

Yeah being pro-meritocracy (that’s pro-white supremacist capitalist patriarchy to you) and opposed to communism is a really extreme position to hold.

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

I think your views are extreme, to be honest. It really isn't as simple as you seem to believe.

5 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Deeper voices.

6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Who said anything about being better?

There could well be some tbh, I find it difficult to imagine a  female Clarkson. But we were talking about salary negotiations. 

It's regrettable there is such a thing as a male Clarkson.

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah being pro-meritocracy (that’s pro-white supremacist capitalist patriarchy to you) and opposed to communism is a really extreme position to hold.

It isn’t a meritocracy though, that’s the whole frigging point, it’s just a massive old boys network; that’s how our country is run. 

4 hours ago, Norman said:

I think your views are extreme, to be honest. It really isn't as simple as you seem to believe.

You think it’s extreme to expect some semblance of equality of opportunity in employment, and some parity of reward for people doing similar jobs?

In that case the laws of our land are extreme and anyone who wishes to see them adhered to is an extremist. 

33 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It isn’t a meritocracy though, that’s the whole frigging point, it’s just a massive old boys network; that’s how our country is run. 

You’re talking about ‘discrimination’ against privileged middle/upper class women. They’re part of it.

38 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You think it’s extreme to expect some semblance of equality of opportunity in employment, and some parity of reward for people doing similar jobs?

In that case the laws of our land are extreme and anyone who wishes to see them adhered to is an extremist. 

Yes we’ve had laws to protect people from being denied that since the 1970’s. Only in certain top highly skilled jobs people are free to negotiate their own salary, which is what you’re talking about. So why are you disengenously conflating the two?

It is pretty extreme to, at best, exert social pressure on people, and at worst flat out deny people their economic freedom so that all the numbers on your balance sheet add up, yes.

8 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Bit of an old boys club on this forum, watch them all come out and deny it.  Actually they won't come out, they will make some whack statement, may provide a link to some obscure and ancient text, or make a statement without any factual background, and expect you to find the facts.

Think I have covered most of them.

PS if the hat fits, or you like hooks...

29 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Bit of an old boys club on this forum, watch them all come out and deny it.  Actually they won't come out, they will make some whack statement, may provide a link to some obscure and ancient text, or make a statement without any factual background, and expect you to find the facts.

Think I have covered most of them.

PS if the hat fits, or you like hooks...

Yes. bell hooks. I imagine she does.

14 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Indeed - and even if it is a meritocracy - meritocracies are stupid and a particularly bad way of running things. They are designed to increase inequality (I think Stringer said he was for *more* equality not less) - and aren't really any different to oligarchy when it all boils down. Merit is really a byword for privilege, and if you're using meritocracy as an excuse for inequality then you're a sucker who has bought the lies hook line and sinker

15 hours ago, Lambchop said:

A country that has freedom of movement, freedom of thought, freedom of speech and oppurtunites that few countries can match, and most cannot believe is attainable.

If you think the 'old boy's network' is the real problem in gender pay at levels where you can negotiate your own contract and pay, then i'd advise to look into a bit more.

It has more to do with other things, rather than the patriarchy and having boobs.

I'm not denying it doesn't exist, but @StringerBell has already posted evidence of the differences in men and women at a deeper level.

18 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Indeed - and even if it is a meritocracy - meritocracies are stupid and a particularly bad way of running things. They are designed to increase inequality (I think Stringer said he was for *more* equality not less) - and aren't really any different to oligarchy when it all boils down. Merit is really a byword for privilege, and if you're using meritocracy as an excuse for inequality then you're a sucker who has bought the lies hook line and sinker

No I’m not pro-equality I’m pro-economic freedom. Perhaps an argument could be made that some excesses need reigning in but it doesn’t particularly bother me.

Though people who go to a comprehensive school aren’t likely to be prime minister and few of the children who grew up in the 60’s and 70’s actually did become astronauts we generally do live in a meritocracy in which you’re rewarded for your work. It just seems daft to suggest otherwise.

You’re ‘indeed’ing to someone who thinks its more accurate to describe the meritocracy as a patriarchy 

Archived