Crazy money....

Chester40

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It won't stop until the TV deals level off.

Taking from the many to give to the few....it's the 21st C. way. 

Spot on, Tv deal is ruining the market place for everyone else.

Only PSG can compet and maybe some in China until they all become bankrupt.

It has a knock on effect, Bundersliga and La Liga, hold english clubs to ransom, because they know EPL has the cash. But likewise when a club in Italy germany or spain want to take a player who is currently a key player at a premier league club, the english club holds them to ransom and they have to look elsewhere.

Really wish the whole of Europe could introduce a salary cap, or get financial fair play sorted out.

Which brings me on to another issue, the young player farms at Chelsea and Man City which i dispise, queuing up and hording players who will never ever play a first team game, but might be sold out a profit after a series of loan spells :(

Well, if you look at it Walker for £50million Christie for £2.5 million both international attacking wing backs who can both run quick and neither can really defend very well, I perfectly accept Walker has played in the premiership but an initial difference of £47.5 million is ridiculous 

Manchester City now have walker and John stones next to each other which cost £50 million each and I would rate their defending as basically poor.

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It won't stop until the TV deals level off.

Taking from the many to give to the few....it's the 21st C. way. 

In the UK they will level off, but the overseas rights go for peanuts in comparison. It's a huge growth market. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4525808/amp/Premier-League-earn-billions-thanks-foreign-TV-deals.html

Domestic and international deals have the potential to go above £15 billion over three seasons from 2022-2025. Double what it is now. 

Archived