10 players inquiries

DEL

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 or 3 more signings to come. Interesting...One assumes that they will be a midfielder and an attacker or 2. Is one Huddlestone? If so that leaves 2 attackers...currently at Prem clubs. Ibe? Lawrence from Leicester?

Has GR inadvertently disclosed that failing those (ie from a Premiership club), the ones that do come in (from Championship) are "2nd or 3rd choice"? Oh the pitfalls of being a  manager and saying too much...:mellow:

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

2 or 3 more signings to come surely suggests at least around 4 or 5 still to go?

I know we are 2 down on numbers from incomings/outgoings but Rowett wants to reduce the squad size so we still need more outs than ins.

I would imagine if we signed 2 wingers the likes of Blackman, Anya weimann, Russell and Bennet will looking round thinking I'm gonna be warming the under 23's bench at this rate and be getting their over paid agents to find them a club.

53 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

2 or 3 more signings to come. Interesting...One assumes that they will be a midfielder and an attacker or 2. Is one Huddlestone? If so that leaves 2 attackers...currently at Prem clubs. Ibe? Lawrence from Leicester?

Has GR inadvertently disclosed that failing those (ie from a Premiership club), the ones that do come in (from Championship) are "2nd or 3rd choice"? Oh the pitfalls of being a  manager and saying too much...:mellow:

Definitely think it is 1 midfielder and two attackers like you said. Presuming one is a wide man and the other a creative player. Hoping the midfielder is another box to box type player who could possibly sit in as well.

Still think we need to ship out 4/5 more. Possibly a left back, centre back, 2 wingers and possibly one other. 

With 2 or 3 more "ins" we will indeed look very bloated. We've got some really promising Academy players coming through but almost a stockpile of players who haven't broken through {Hanson, Elsnik, Bennett, the big CH chap, etc} as well as fringe players like Blackmann, Weimann}. I suspect that once the mist clears and we have our targets in, there may be some more cancelled contracts or long-term loans out at knock-down prices. 

I would imagine with a CM and 2 attacking players coming in there will be a few looking to get out, if not so already. Blackman, Anya, Hanson, butters, bent etc

Gary did say when people see the type of players coming in they will see their futures elsewhere and naturally look to move on. I'd like to see Olson and either Pearce or shackell moved on as well as those listed above. Would probably make us stronger just not having to play them

a bit harsh maybe but we have better options within the club

I can see Roos rawson definitely going. Hanson loan maybe. And then potentially wieman Olsson and bent maybe?

ins I would love to see Ledley jota gradel. Not sure if any of those are realistic.

wouldnt mind huddlestone and Lawrence for the right price.

dont want any of those sdsr mentioned.

Archived