Derbys media strategy

Derbados

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just saw that I'd been quoted by @David on this thread and my immediate thought was "Oops, here comes the ban hammer..."

There's no pre warning when I swing that thing. 

Do think you are being harsh on Mr Bradley here though, it's another lose/lose situation. Don't ask the questions you're accused of being scared of the club, ask the questions and you're being held responsible for the club not wanting to deal with the local media.

You may not have liked the questioning but fans were demanding answers as McClaren handled the situation pretty poorly. Looking back it's pretty clear why his answers were wishy washy.

As for the club working with the local media less, I have know idea how true that even is, a month after Rowett was appointed he was thrown into the Radio Derby cage, if Derby held a grudge against RD for leading the charge in making a name for themselves Rowett wouldn't have been made available surely?

To make such a claim you would need to know the success rates of media requests to speak to players and managers.

Can't say I've noticed less reporting from either, both had interviews with the recent signings, at the minutes Rams TV is pushing their own coverage out in Tenerife, the players are only training so no matches to cover, not sure RD or DET could swing a week out in the Canary Islands on expenses with their bosses.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that have had posts removed recently.

I have it on good authority that this forum will not be used to peddle rumours that can be seen as slanderous.

Also this is not the platform that will allow you to wish harm or violence on anyone connected to the club, joke or no joke.

I'm not joking.

1 hour ago, David said:

For those that have had posts removed recently.

I have it on good authority that this forum will not be used to peddle rumours that can be seen as slanderous.

Also this is not the platform that will allow you to wish harm or violence on anyone connected to the club, joke or no joke.

I'm not joking.

But we can continue to wish harm on people who aren't connected to the club, right?

Archived