Reactions

Day

3 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Not my fault you don't get it. ?

I'm just trying to look at all the possibilities before jumping off in the deep end. You see it looks like you're saying I look anorexic, can you confirm?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

In my opinion, compared to the previous pictures you have posted, the change has been dramatic.

I have lost over 4st in weight, 14st 10lb from 19st 1lb. At the very top end of being healthy on the NHS BMI chart, would need to drop under 11st to be considered underweight, far far from being anorexic.

I would say maybe be a little bit more careful when commenting on people's weight in profile pictures though, whilst it's not offended me in the slightest you never know what issues people are dealing with behind the keyboard. 

Does highlight the difficulties of running an online community, some members have known each other years and can have that "banter" whilst others there is no love lost. I remember Red Dawn receiving a warning a couple of years ago for calling you McDonaldsRam after a picture was posted, it was clear you didn't get on and was personal, we don't want that on here.

In another topic you might see me dig at Boycie's weight and he will return with some hair loss quip. We've known each other a fair amount of time and it's taken well both sides. One rule for one and one for others it can be seen as and that's why it's hard as we don't want to stop members having a laugh with each other. 

I remember when the DET closed and Eddie and Mostyn were knew, Eddie received a warning for a comment made to Mostyn who later PM'd me asking for it to be retracted as they have known each other online for years.

Your comment did knock me a little this morning, don't know, skinny may have not grabbed my attention as much but anorexic seemed a touch harsh given the seriousness of the condition, I wasn't aware we were on that level, I've never felt comfortable taking a friendly swing at you so wasn't really expecting it. I can see no malice was intended now you've expanded a little. 

It's also a concern with this BS reaction I'm looking to introduce, I don't want to see it used as a tool to provoke other members, I'm thinking it can be used in transfer rumours and a bit of friendliness between members and that's why it wouldn't be capable of decreasing a members reputation score.

I'm not too sure about any negative reaction. I think it'll put a lot of posters off saying how they feel. Don't like C.M get ready for a 100 **** emotions. That'll stop the user posting anything about C.M again.

A lot more cons then pros imo.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Your comment did knock me a little this morning, don't know, skinny may have not grabbed my attention as much but anorexic seemed a touch harsh given the seriousness of the condition

Apologies, it was wrong what I said and I have no excuse.

4 hours ago, David said:

It's also a concern with this BS reaction I'm looking to introduce, I don't want to see it used as a tool to provoke other members, I'm thinking it can be used in transfer rumours and a bit of friendliness between members and that's why it wouldn't be capable of decreasing a members reputation score.

Actually reading some more comments maybe easy 'negative' swipes aren't a good idea. I was thinking they'd be a bit of fun, but some lose sight of the fun from behind a keyboard. Maybe just stick with liking and positive stuff.

PS I didn't know that picture was you in your avatar and thought the person looked a good weight and healthy, sorry to hear I might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

PS I didn't know that picture was you in your avatar and thought the person looked a good weight and healthy, sorry to hear I might be wrong.

You're not wrong, I am a good healthy weight :lol: 

6 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

New system will be exciting if we finish third and then lose to Birmingham City in the play off final to a last minute Crouch goal.

Meltdown of wailing and recrimination.

? Bottle reaction?

I think it would be very easy to hit a negative reaction button at a user and think nothing of it. Problem comes when that same user is constantly getting negative feedback. One instance doesn't seem like much to you, but to them the constant passive-aggressive criticism over time could affect them in a number of ways. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. You don't know what everyone is dealing with IRL. There's a reason social media platforms keep things positive/empathetic. It's meant to be a "community", not a witch hunt. It's far too easy to resort to playground bullying on social media, and the last thing people need is an easy outlet for it. No doubt the likes of Facebook have spend millions researching the decline in site interaction and psychological damage* something like a "hate" button would do.

*Sounds a bit dramatic, but there's weight to it.

Archived