Cancer Drugs Fund

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

So it seems from reports in todays news its been condemned, has had no meaningful value, a complete waste of money.

I am sure, as with most things, it could have been managed better but to use such terminology is terrible, I am sure those who have benefited from the drugs they received even if for a short period of time wont consider it to have been worthy of such strong condemnation.

Ok its cost £1.27 in 6 years from 2010-2016, but considering its estimated 40% of the burden on the NHS is caused by 'modifiable health conditions' i.e weight, drink, smoking, and these conditions are estimated to the NHS somewhere in the region of 10-12 billion a year (so 60 billion + in the time we have spent the 1.27 bn) it seems to some (well me at least) unfair to label it with such strong criticism.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we all lived healthy lifestyles and lived 20 years longer, the NHS would be totally f***ked. Short term cancer / cardio treatment must be cheaper than long term multiple conditions & dementia.

These things are terrible to try and sort out. How do you put a value on cancer treatment that might extend one person's life by a few months, when in some cases for the same money you could pay a couple of doctors for a year who could treat hundreds of extra patients.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So it seems from reports in todays news its been condemned, has had no meaningful value, a complete waste of money.

I am sure, as with most things, it could have been managed better but to use such terminology is terrible, I am sure those who have benefited from the drugs they received even if for a short period of time wont consider it to have been worthy of such strong condemnation.

Ok its cost £1.27 in 6 years from 2010-2016, but considering its estimated 40% of the burden on the NHS is caused by 'modifiable health conditions' i.e weight, drink, smoking, and these conditions are estimated to the NHS somewhere in the region of 10-12 billion a year (so 60 billion + in the time we have spent the 1.27 bn) it seems to some (well me at least) unfair to label it with such strong criticism.

Its because the NHS is an easy target, we need to make a point of the inefficiencies in the NHS to make privatisation look like a way forward, that news story was probably sent to the beeb from the government press office direct :(

Sith Happens
53 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

If we all lived healthy lifestyles and lived 20 years longer, the NHS would be totally f***ked. Short term cancer / cardio treatment must be cheaper than long term multiple conditions & dementia.

These things are terrible to try and sort out. How do you put a value on cancer treatment that might extend one person's life by a few months, when in some cases for the same money you could pay a couple of doctors for a year who could treat hundreds of extra patients.

I know its not easy, its the terminology that i find offensive. I am all for these things being run in a more efficent manner.

I guess the cancer patient might argue that the smoker or alcohol abuser received thousands of pounds worth of treatment that could have paid for a doctor but could have been avoided.

I understand what you are saying about living longer and I have no idea of the numbers involved to even get in a discussion, I guess the only thing is as we live longer we work longer.

It was found ages but the elites are holding it back for the profit. Many potential whistleblowers threatening to expose them with evidence conveniently died. The powers that be don't care about us quite frankly. Ever wonder why the elites never seem to get these illnesses?

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, and aviation fuel can't melt steel, Obama is a secret Muslim, the Illuminati rule the world and there are aliens at Roswell.

you mean there arent ? :(

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

you mean there arent ? :(

They definitely are, I saw a documentary on Blaze TV last night, after the fight.

Tbh, I fell asleep before they revealed if they were aliens, or mutated children in an experimental Russian bomber, sent by Stalin to confuse the yanks??

It was better than the paper review on the news channel mind!

The joys of Freeview.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

They definitely are, I saw a documentary on Blaze TV last night, after the fight.

Tbh, I fell asleep before they revealed if they were aliens, or mutated children in an experimental Russian bomber, sent by Stalin to confuse the yanks??

It was better than the paper review on the news channel mind!

The joys of Freeview.

The x files isn't a documentary. 

If you think they haven't found a cure for diseases or illnesses like cancer then you're living in a cloud. We've been to the moon and have develop weapons of mass destruction  but can't find a cure for cancer? Hmmmmmm. More advantages to the ptb to not release a cure for cancer than to release it.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If you think they haven't found a cure for diseases or illnesses like cancer then you're living in a cloud. We've been to the moon and have develop weapons of mass destruction  but can't find a cure for cancer? Hmmmmmm. More advantages to the ptb to not release a cure for cancer than to release it.

Bank holiday all dayers, enjoy them while you can.

Soon enough you'll be assembling furniture, or deciding on colours for projects you have no intention of carrying out.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, McLovin said:

I dont buy that.

Penicillin wasnt even discovered until 1928 some 40 + years after we invented the motor car.

If we could cure cancer so easily surely something as basic as the common cold would have been cured by now? I would think business and governments would never sanction with holding a cure for something that costs the economy billions in sick days each year?

I think its easy to formulate a theory that the cure for cancer is out there but do you have any evidence to support it?

On 30/04/2017 at 21:23, eddie said:

But you do believe that the Illuminati rule the world though.

Not at all. As I said there have been many occasions where events have been considered conspiracies until they have been revealed to be fact, namely the different events in the Cold War.

On 01/05/2017 at 08:21, Paul71 said:

I dont buy that.

Penicillin wasnt even discovered until 1928 some 40 + years after we invented the motor car.

If we could cure cancer so easily surely something as basic as the common cold would have been cured by now? I would think business and governments would never sanction with holding a cure for something that costs the economy billions in sick days each year?

I think its easy to formulate a theory that the cure for cancer is out there but do you have any evidence to support it?

You didn't really answer my other point, how come all the elites such as the royal family seem to avoid getting diseases? It would be disastrous from a economic standpoint for the big companies to release a cure for cancer. Many doctors have been conveniently killed off after attempting to come out to the public about a cure for cancer. Cannabis has also been shown to kill off cancer cells but that is also conveniently illegal

Sith Happens
56 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You didn't really answer my other point, how come all the elites such as the royal family seem to avoid getting diseases? It would be disastrous from a economic standpoint for the big companies to release a cure for cancer. Many doctors have been conveniently killed off after attempting to come out to the public about a cure for cancer. Cannabis has also been shown to kill off cancer cells but that is also conveniently illegal

Ok well I would say with people like the Royal Family they can afford the best medical care, have people cooking for them using fresh ingredients and so on, most of the average public consume foods that may be associated with cancers, drink more etc.

The lifestyles are totally different.

The rest of your post is just conspiracy with no proof (please feel free to provide it).

Lots of things have been shown to kill off cancer cells in isolated tests. High dose vitamin C is one, but when tested on numerous people the results arent always the same.

Sith Happens
On 30/04/2017 at 21:00, McLovin said:

Ignorance is bliss. It's only a conspiracy until it becomes a fact. And I don't believe in aliens or any of that rubbish. Btw Obama is Muslim, would have thought his middle name 'hussein' would give that away but each to their own.

No hes not hes christian.

Archived