Rowett knows what you think!

RoyMac5

8 hours ago, ramblur said:

Cripes.I've been watching that post match video with Kirsty Edwards.I'm in big,big trouble:ph34r:

Impressive thighs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Impressive thighs.

Cameraman/woman obviously agreed. Only me and Gary know what I thought.

43 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Is that a serious question? How to insult a woman in one link. Off to Specsavers straight away if I'm somehow wrong.She does appear a few times on that site though- "reporting from Leicester City" is a clue.

Edit:- Scrap the above,I'm both stupid and blind.Should have concentrated on the thighs.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Issues in my view

We're a team of individuals.

There is a lack of balance in the squad.

A lot of the players we have are overrated or at wrong point in their careers.

Therefore in summary, we're actually not very good.

Think it's as simple as that.

I can only really see 1 individual,and to be fair to Tom I think SM fostered this by telling him he wanted him to excite the crowd. I think Tom interpreted this as being encouraged to work into the box whenever possible to get a shot away.Unfortunately he seems to do this nearly all the time,and I've noticed it's head down,eyes glued to the ball,without even looking at options inside.The shot is inevitably a curler to the far post,which usually means goal or wide,without even the sniff of a parried effort to latch onto for those who've probably given up on the chance of a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if the stories of Tom and Chris not getting on are true,because Chris (himself a completely unselfish player) tends to take up intelligent positions in the box.

I've heard it said in the past "where would we be without Tom's goals?".My answer to this is how many shots does he have to produce these goals? How many times (on top of this) does he lose the ball trying to work a shooting opportunity,when he might have been able to play it into the box earlier.

Fans were saying that Tom had to score,because the strikers weren't.If these strikers were getting no service from Tom,and some erratic stuff from the LW,I'm not particularly surprised.

Don't get me wrong,I can see that Tom is a highly gifted footballer,but imo he'll never play for England seniors unless he develops an awareness of what's happening in the box in certain situations. 

I think the team of individuals also refers to the fact that we dont play as a team.

There are few - if any - working partnerships.

ramage frequently observes how we don't co-ordinate and press as a team; or defenders sit too deep. And the 433 tends to create luxury wingers with fewer responsibiliies to track back, in the hope that somehow one holding midfielder makes the whole thing work.

On 21/04/2017 at 13:44, oldtimeram said:

"They want it more than Derby"

These are key and significant words about our playing staff.  I cannot disagree with that perception of our team because this is the way I see it too.

The 64,000 dollar question is why?  Get to the root cause of that issue and maybe we can find a successful solution.

To me the things that keep springing to mind are ;

lack of motivation.....but why?

Fear factor, but of what?

I believe the common denominator here is a combination of two words, in whatever order you like.........

GREED

MONEY

Can't be greed and money or only that. Newcastle will probably go up, their squad are on massive wages I bet- granted they have a better team than us. 

I think we just aren't quite at the top level and have also suffered from managerial instability and bad luck injuries/ decisions- We have played without Thorne Martin and Forsyth this season- these are normally key players for us. Take three key players out of any side in the top half and it would be a battle to do well. 

Also had loads of smaller injuries along the way. Maybe the conditioning of the players needs to be looked at. 

Archived