Local councils

jono

I couldn't help laughing at the private eye Rotten Boroughs column.

Beaumaris Council is renting a garage at £ 87 per month ... To store "council equipment"

all fine and dandy .. Except they are renting it from a 12 year old who is the Mayors son.  This bright young lad  "saved up" the £ 13,000 quid from his pocket money and has invested it in a trust run by his mum and dad. The bright lad is getting a 7.7% return on his investment. Lucky lad, such initiative. Gosh .. I know lots of 12 year olds with 13k to invest in taxpayer funded buy to let. 

I rather hope our police and crime commissioner gets a mention soon for his splendid backing of his pals charity. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jono said:

I couldn't help laughing at the private eye Rotten Boroughs column.

Beaumaris Council is renting a garage at £ 87 per month ... To store "council equipment"

all fine and dandy .. Except they are renting it from a 12 year old who is the Mayors son.  This bright young lad  "saved up" the £ 13,000 quid from his pocket money and has invested it in a trust run by his mum and dad. The bright lad is getting a 7.7% return on his investment. Lucky lad, such initiative. Gosh .. I know lots of 12 year olds with 13k to invest in taxpayer funded buy to let. 

I rather hope our police and crime commissioner gets a mention soon for his splendid backing of his pals charity. 

Private Eye are one of the shining lights of journalism in this mad world of spin and fake news.

My local council, Nottingham City, was in the last Eye, thanks to their research showing how, despite losing around 7x more central funding per person than the Tory run Surrey council, Surrey were eligible for additional hardship payments from new central funding for councils, but staunch Labour Nott'm isn't.

Trebles all round!

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Private Eye are one of the shining lights of journalism in this mad world of spin and fake news.

My pleasure in private eye is that it spares no one blushes. When you read of bad behaviour in other journals it is always with a political axe to grind. MIrror, Grauniad, mail or Telegraph .. They usually only pick up on their pet hatreds. In doing so they weaken their arguments because the other side can so easily say .. You would say that wouldn't you.

Eye calls a wide boy a wide boy .. From Lambeth or Mayfair 

Archived