Is our team too old?

Sexydadbod

Just now, David said:

Formation, age, now overweight. 

Which players look to be carrying extra pounds?

I cannot say because that may be libellous but I have it on good authority that Clement tried to change the player's diets and other changes like introducing siestas(to remove the lack of desire for food because when you're asleep, you're less likely to be hungry) but some players weren't too happy and they had to compromise in the end. All these factors may be small but if you add them all together then it may explain why we haven't gone up? Just a theory. A bit off topic but the first thing Klopp and Guardiola did when they went to Man City and Liverpool respectively was to change the diets, and sex curfews of course

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

They have a sports nutritionist and a strength and conditioning coach (he's worked there for some time. They monitored every day. 

I know a lad in the health and fitness game that's been involved. 

I don't know if Bryson said that or the context he said it in. But if he body weight isn't right, his heart rate isn't right etc then he won't be available for selection. 

Was only messing regarding why we haven't gone up, or was I? ? He said they eat takeaways after games to help their carb intake, although I thought they would have opted for healthier forms of carbs

24 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I cannot say because that may be libellous but I have it on good authority that Clement tried to change the player's diets and other changes like introducing siestas(to remove the lack of desire for food because when you're asleep, you're less likely to be hungry) but some players weren't too happy and they had to compromise in the end. All these factors may be small but if you add them all together then it may explain why we haven't gone up? Just a theory. A bit off topic but the first thing Klopp and Guardiola did when they went to Man City and Liverpool respectively was to change the diets, and sex curfews of course

I have it on good authority that Clement removed all the gym equipment that left the players using gyms away from the club to stay in shape, it also removed the social side that allowed players to get together and they weren't happy at all. I'm willing to reveal the source. Mel. Several members were there round the table. 

I've also seen Chris Martin with my own eyes at Moor Farm doing extra training before everyone came back for pre season.

I'm not doubting anything you've heard, your source maybe spot on and I wouldn't ask you to reveal it but the thing here is it's kinda tricky to hide the fact you're overweight. I know this through my own experience.

Wearing white is a big no no as it shows your figure more, black is the colour of choice. 

I have several plain black XL t shirts for sale if anyone is reading and interesting.

Not revealing which players are carrying extra timber is like refusing to reveal what colour the seats are at Pride Park, it's visible to the eye. I'm wracking my brain to think who looks like they are carrying extra weight and I'm honestly stuggling, Russell is the only outside guess but he's always been a bit chunky.

Sorry to pour salt on your theories but it just feels like you flip from one to the next hoping one sticks. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Was only messing regarding why we haven't gone up, or was I? ? He said they eat takeaways after games to help their carb intake, although I thought they would have opted for healthier forms of carbs

I just know they have to reach and maintain high levels of fitness, be within a weight expected of them, have the correct heart rate. 

It's all the boring stuff I switch off about when my mate starts ranting about all young PT's talking about "cheeky Nandos" and how much they bench. 

I know hes been involved in some big sports names. Boxers mostly. But anything he's had to do with Derby he's obviously talked about knowing I'm a Derby fan. 

That's why I always laugh at the Chris Martin is fat and unfit threads. He's a big lad, his shoulders are like a rugby player, he's heavy set. But he's an athlete. A powerful one. A heavy one. But his size and stuff is in proportion. Strip 5st off him and he'd probably fall to pieces. 

I know there's lads at Derby who take fitness very seriously. They don't just want to be passed fit. They want to know their stats and be in peak condition on matchdays. Which means balancing rest and building up through the days inbetween. Boring stuff. But very technical. 

Everyone eats junk. All athletes. It's just how much and when.

Ha was only messing with both posts, fair play to both of you for responding properly. I will continue try to investigate like an inspector any reasons why we aren't fulfilling our potential and will dissect every little thing to the best that I can. My next theory is the lack of warm of weather training abroad like some other teams do, weather like storm Doris can't help too much! An alternative theory why we haven't gone up that I will investigate further is the lack of imaginative tactics. Sometimes you need to make changes to reap the rewards( and no not like Pearson's 4-4-2). Lastly the gypsy curse theory

This is a very confusing post due to the large number of younger players we have playing for us-  Cyrus Christie, Tom Ince , Will Hughes, Butterfield, Camara, Blackman, Lowe, Anya, Johnson etc all under 30. Darren Bent is scoring goals and he is 33, plus Carson isn't that old for a keeper. Even the defenders are around 30 which isn't really old. Players do look off-form or not 100 per cent though. A lot of our squad don't play, play very little or are coming back from injury- Bryson, Blackman, Christie, Vydra, Nugent. I think players don't look sharp and this is mainly down to injuries and lack of playing time. It's no good half the team being on form if half the team are injured, sluggish or off the pace. 

Archived