Chris Baird

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Was he injured last night?

He has been one of our most steady players recently so I wasn't sure if he was injured, has been told he wasn't playing and freaked out, or as I had hoped, has been given a rest until Saturday.

Think Dyer's pace was a concern. Christie did well though, we keep sides from getting on top of us by having that full back attacking threat IMO. Baird is steady but I think it invites teams on to attack down the flanks when he plays. Bristol at home was a perfect example, we got destroyed down our right.

To be fair he has done really well in a good professional way but against Bristol and Cardiff they put their fastest player against him in behind him which led to about four of the goals We conceded - we have to be careful when he is used from now on if we have a choice

22 hours ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair he has done really well in a good professional way but against Bristol and Cardiff they put their fastest player against him in behind him which led to about four of the goals We conceded - we have to be careful when he is used from now on if we have a choice

100% agreed. He's been steady and reassuring since he came back - but got destroyed by pace in the last couple and Lloyd Dyer is no slouch. 

Archived