Jump to content

Camara and Hanson down the left is a hopeless combination


Curtains
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Doesn't work. 

Well it didnt last night no. I do feel for Hanson, the lad is a CB but hes played everywhere apart from there for us, he isnt a LB and he looked shell shocked at times last night.

Camara I personally dont think will make it at Derby, pace yes, some trickery but it wont happen. I dare bet Steve is looking back now wishing he had played JR to provide some prtection but having done well against WBA you cant blame him, hindight and all that.

I just hope we get one of our LB back up and running (literally) soon.

I do lok at the squad and think to myself what would i have done differently last night at LB and its a tough one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Well it didnt last night no. I do feel for Hanson, the lad is a CB but hes played everywhere apart from there for us, he isnt a LB and he looked shell shocked at times last night.

Camara I personally dont think will make it at Derby, pace yes, some trickery but it wont happen. I dare bet Steve is looking back now wishing he had played JR to provide some prtection but having done well against WBA you cant blame him, hindight and all that.

I just hope we get one of our LB back up and running (literally) soon.

I do lok at the squad and think to myself what would i have done differently last night at LB and its a tough one.

Should of played 3 at the back with Pearce ,Shacks and Keogh. 

Persisting with Hanson a FB is ridiculous he isn't a FB and I've seen he can't even play that position in th U23s   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Well it didnt last night no. I do feel for Hanson, the lad is a CB but hes played everywhere apart from there for us, he isnt a LB and he looked shell shocked at times last night.

Camara I personally dont think will make it at Derby, pace yes, some trickery but it wont happen. I dare bet Steve is looking back now wishing he had played JR to provide some prtection but having done well against WBA you cant blame him, hindight and all that.

I just hope we get one of our LB back up and running (literally) soon.

I do lok at the squad and think to myself what would i have done differently last night at LB and its a tough one.

Camera does work on occasions but more impact than starter.. He had a stinker last night but there is raw talent there.. Is that  not the job of the coaching team to develop and control the rawness?

Hanson has taken some real stick on here but I like the lad. He has been used to plug gaps nearly every game and to be fair generally does it pretty well. Head up son, your time will come and hopefully with DCFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Angry Ram said:

Camera does work on occasions but more impact than starter.. He had a stinker last night but there is raw talent there.. Is that  not the job of the coaching team to develop and control the rawness?

Hanson has taken some real stick on here but I like the lad. He has been used to plug gaps nearly every game and to be fair generally does it pretty well. Head up son, your time will come and hopefully with DCFC.

What's his position.

Thats his problem he doesn't have one he excels at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I feel sorry for Hanson because we don't ever really get a proper look at him, only when he fills into a position that isn't his natural position.

I actually thought he did OK considering he had no cover during the whole game from either Camara or Vydra

He hasn't got a position other than CB where he's even anywhere near good enough. 

CB is his best position . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Should of played 3 at the back with Pearce ,Shacks and Keogh. 

Persisting with Hanson a FB is ridiculous he isn't a FB and I've seen he can't even play that position in th U23s   

 

Maybe you are right, maybe not, we havent seen them play 3 at the back so we have no evidence either way if it would work or not.

If i was Steve would I have changed my formation away against an inform team? Probably not, but its certainly a formation that maybe warrants some thought if our current injury issues persist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe you are right, maybe not, we havent seen them play 3 at the back so we have no evidence either way if it would work or not.

If i was Steve would I have changed my formation away against an inform team? Probably not, but its certainly a formation that maybe warrants some thought if our current injury issues persist.

We have Christie who is  a RB and Olsson and Lowe injured so we are struggling. 

But to put Camara and Hanson together down the left is plain silly in my eyes .

Leeds battered us down that side  1st half with them two playing there  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Felt for Hanson last night, can't really blame McClaren for playing him there either, he can't legislate for the fact we are on our 5th choice left back!!!

Razza is definitely an impact player, no more. If there are clubs interested we need to get rid, just on basis we have far too many forwards and no options in midfield! Squad needs a tweak!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

We have Christie,Olsson and Lowe injured so we are struggling. 

But to put Camara and Hanson together down the left is plain silly in my eyes .

Leeds battered us down that side  1st half with them two playing there  

 

 

Leeds battered us all over the pitch to be fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yet another hilarious overreaction thread.......

Oi to all potential newcomers and old ones.....

I'm the original drama queen...... over reaction is my forte 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Camera does work on occasions but more impact than starter.. He had a stinker last night but there is raw talent there.. Is that  not the job of the coaching team to develop and control the rawness?

Hanson has taken some real stick on here but I like the lad. He has been used to plug gaps nearly every game and to be fair generally does it pretty well. Head up son, your time will come and hopefully with DCFC.

Raw talent for a 27 year old professional footballer literally makes no sense....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Yet another hilarious overreaction thread.......

Oi to all potential newcomers and old ones.....

I'm the original drama queen...... over reaction is my forte 

you are right, its so easy to say after a game what we should change.

i cant argue with curtains the fact i dont think hanson/camara works, i dont but it did against WBA so you have to accept the decision steve made. There was holes everywhere on the pitch last night and Steve had to make decisions to make changes the best he could and in fairness the 2nd half was an improvmement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Leeds battered us all over the pitch to be fair.

If the opposition see a weakness they go for it .

People feeling sorry for our players like Hanson will not help. 

Just because he he came through the academy should afford him no more sympathy than the players who didn't like Vydra who is getting hammered on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.