Camara and Hanson down the left is a hopeless combination

Curtains

9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But Leeds battered us so what's your point?

We are not good enough in lots of ways at this moment in time. 

Can we improve enough for promotion with McClaren .

The jury is out. 

As regards WBA we won the game with two worldly  goals but had to defend most of the time and Shackell headed everything away but Shackell and the whole team were less impressive against Leeds. 

Our last 3 league games have been less than impressive.

You yourself (correct me if I'm wrong ) don't think McClaren is the answer. 

Was his team selection right last night ! 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson is not and will never be a left back, he has youth on his side and will be ok and a CB - he had to do a make shift role last night as a LB because of injuries - it didn't help having that talentless muppet on the left winger constantly losing the ball, putting even more pressure on Hanson.

50 minutes ago, curtains said:

We are not good enough in lots of ways at this moment in time. 

Can we improve enough for promotion with McClaren .

The jury is out. 

As regards WBA we won the game with two worldly  goals but had to defend most of the time and Shackell headed everything away but Shackell and the whole team were less impressive against Leeds. 

Our last 3 league games have been less than impressive.

You yourself (correct me if I'm wrong ) don't think McClaren is the answer. 

Was his team selection right last night ! 

Pearson was the answer. I read it on here. 

Lots of experience, promotions on his record and won't take no nonsense from the players.

What's our record since he lost himself this job?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Pearson was the answer. I read it on here. 

Lots of experience, promotions on his record and won't take no nonsense from the players.

What's our record since he lost himself this job?

McClaren may be the answer but if he isn't a few people on here and the owners Mel and Sam will have egg on their faces. 

You know what they say never go back .

Hope it works out for DCFC and McClaren the owners and the fans etc 

Still want Martin back though has he ever left ! 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

McClaren may be the answer but if he isn't a few people on here will have egg on their faces. 

You know what they say never go back .

Hop it works out for DCFC. 

So have you got the record since he came in? I want to see it.

Egg on faces... like all those that spent the whole time bitching and whining last time he was here. Only to see worse football under Clement and then the man that "would have got this team promoted" come in and have us holding the league up while being the lowest scorers in England. 

The problem with you and many others is you think Derby belong in the top flight. We don't. This isn't 1974. 

You think Derby should be in the top 6 fighting for autos. Do you know why you think that? Because Steve McClaren!!

Before him Derby had not won more games than they lost in a season since 2006/2007. Have a think about that. 

You've been quiet for a few weeks. Busy?

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So have you got the record since he came in? I want to see it.

Egg on faces... like all those that spent the whole time bitching and whining last time he was here. Only to see worse football under Clement and then the man that "would have got this team promoted" come in and have us holding the league up while being the lowest scorers in England. 

The problem with you and many others is you think Derby belong in the top flight. We don't. This isn't 1974. 

You think Derby should be in the top 6 fighting for autos. Do you know why you think that? Because Steve McClaren!!

Before him Derby had not won more games than they lost in a season since 2006/2007. Have a think about that. 

You've been quiet for a few weeks. Busy?

Last 3 to 4 League games have not been good. 

I dare you to say they have. 

I am going to say this we need a new broom. 

Gary Rowett is his name. 

Happy New Year Alpha 

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Last 3 to 4 League games have not been good. 

I dare you to say they have. 

I am going to say this we need a new broom. 

Gary Rowett is his name. 

Happy New Year Alpha 

Nothing wrong with the Birmingham game. Did you expect to dominate WBA at the Hawthorns then?

His name was Nigel Pearson last time. 

Happy new year to you

For me we are desperate for lowe and Christie to get fit. I think baird and Hanson at full back do enough defensively but baird (age) and Hanson just general mobility are not full backs and do not offer enough going forward especially away from home. 

Due to their capabilites they rarely over lap or run with the ball. I think it automatically puts us on the back foot. When Christie and lowe bomb on it puts more onus on the other teams wingers to track back.  Last night Leeds wingers barely once had to think about tracking back.  

It's no slight on Hanson or baird.  It's just not their strengths. They do enough filling in but for games like last night I think two marauding fullbacks would have given us a lot more as a team going forwards. And may have made for a more open higher scoring game. 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nothing wrong with the Birmingham game. Did you expect to dominate WBA at the Hawthorns then?

His name was Nigel Pearson last time. 

Happy new year to you

WBA are an average prem side. Getting hammered today by Spurs

Expected to do better against Norwich , Wigan and Leeds did you 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

WBA are an average prem side. Get hammered today by Spurs

Exactly. An average Prem side. Before Mac we have been an average Championship side. With Mac we've been a top end Championship side. We aren't even a struggling Prem side. We have a long way to go to being an average Prem side. Spurs are a top PL side. 

This is what I'm saying about expectation. West Brom are well ahead of us. And you expected us to go and dominate them? Away? With our 5th choice LB, 2nd choice RB, 2 first choice center midfielders out and a left winger starting his 2nd? 3rd? game this season?

2006/2007. The last time we won more games than we lost at this level. 

2007-2014. All being an average Championship side or a horrific Prem side.

Any expectation is down to McClaren. McClaren who has had just 1 full season as Derby manager. He's had 1 summer in the job

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly. An average Prem side. Before Mac we have been an average Championship side. With Mac we've been a top end Championship side. We aren't even a struggling Prem side. We have a long way to go to being an average Prem side. Spurs are a top PL side. 

This is what I'm saying about expectation. West Brom are well ahead of us. And you expected us to go and dominate them? Away? With our 5th choice LB, 2nd choice RB, 2 first choice center midfielders out and a left winger starting his 2nd? 3rd? game this season?

2006/2007. The last time we won more games than we lost at this level. 

2007-2014. All being an average Championship side or a horrific Prem side.

Any expectation is down to McClaren. McClaren who has had just 1 full season as Derby manager. He's had 1 summer in the job

Not having a go at McClaren and I hope he succeeds. 

Let's see where he takes us.

I have seen success and failure at Derby over the years.  

Notably AC , BC and JS years. 

BD for a season as well. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not having a go at McClaren and I hope he succeeds. 

Let's see where he takes us.  

You kinda are having a go at McClaren if you're saying we need a new broom called Gary Rowett because you're not sure McClaren is the answer etc.

He's his own worst enemy. He's come in again and launched us away from the bottom and people once again have got carried away. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You kinda are having a go at McClaren if you're saying we need a new broom called Gary Rowett because you're not sure McClaren is the answer etc.

He's his own worst enemy. He's come in again and launched us away from the bottom and people once again have got carried away. 

As I say I've seen Brian Clough and Jim Smith teams at Derby. 

AC  and for a season BD .

i can take anything the team throw at us now. 

Success is not a given and we have no right to it at Derby. 

I have been spoilt over the years by better managers 

5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I think as a general observation that young Hanson grew into the game but was left 2 on 1 more often than not because Camara did nothing defensively or attacking. The spotlight should be solely on Camara as he played in his preferred position and hung young Hanson out to dry a majority of the time, by doing sweet fa before coming off. 

Camara had an opportunity to shine and hot kicked a couple of times and subsequently went missing along with 8 or 9 others last night. 

We got bullied, out battled, over run and deserved to lose and that's what we got. 

On to the next one COYR

Very well said

I was actually impressed with Hanson last night

Not with his performance at LB , for all the reasons mentioned on here, many of them out of his control

But with his attitude and heart. Never gave up trying and saved at least one certain goal.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

As I say I've seen Brian Clough and Jim Smith teams at Derby. 

AC  and for a season BD .

i can take anything the team throw at us now. 

Unfortunately it's been a long time since Jim Smith days. Wigan Athletic and Fulham have done a decade of the Premier League football since then. Wigan have been down to League 1 and promoted too. 

We really don't show up on any radar. It's a bit depressing but while we keep pretending that we belong higher and someone should come in and do the job properly, we aren't appreciating the size of the task.

McClaren may never take Derby up. Rowett might. But McClaren has earned a proper run at it. Rowett might get us relegated. You just don't know.

It just needs some perspective and patience. This team has quite a few players that don't suit the way Mac wants to play. 

Shackell, Johnson, Baird, Camara, Weimann... etc etc. They don't suit the possession side of our game. Some have adapted, some haven't. I just think McClaren needs time and patience. After almost decade in this division it's the least we can do for what he's given us a sight of. 

We went crazy on transfers after that summer where we only added Thorne of any significance. He's come back to a jumble of players. All offer something but probably not to McClaren's style

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Unfortunately it's been a long time since Jim Smith days. Wigan Athletic and Fulham have done a decade of the Premier League football since then. Wigan have been down to League 1 and promoted too. 

We really don't show up on any radar. It's a bit depressing but while we keep pretending that we belong higher and someone should come in and do the job properly, we aren't appreciating the size of the task.

McClaren may never take Derby up. Rowett might. But McClaren has earned a proper run at it. Rowett might get us relegated. You just don't know.

It just needs some perspective and patience. This team has quite a few players that don't suit the way Mac wants to play. 

Shackell, Johnson, Baird, Camara, Weimann... etc etc. They don't suit the possession side of our game. Some have adapted, some haven't. I just think McClaren needs time and patience. After almost decade in this division it's the least we can do for what he's given us a sight of. 

We went crazy on transfers after that summer where we only added Thorne of any significance. He's come back to a jumble of players. All offer something but probably not to McClaren's style

Oh well let's hope we go on another run again. 

As McClaren  says it's how we react to these defeats. 

Archived