Camara and Hanson down the left is a hopeless combination

Curtains

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Fair enough, JH was out of position mainly because that is not his position. 

But the vast percentage of quickfire corners came from Sunday League, headless chicken defending from set pieces by many of the team not just JH. 

I think he is being unfairly singled out

No more than Vydra or Shackell etc at different times. 

I think because he came through the system  at Derby we don't single him out. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

But there is still a good footballer in there.. I get 27 years old but he has flashes of brilliance.. WBA were scared shitless of him.

A good footballer? Is there? One game in a random cup doesn't make a seasoned all time great... to say scared is abit silly... come on - you say he's good? Based on what? I have flashes of brilliance on a Thursday at DW but it doesn't mean il make it

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

No more than Vydra or Shackell etc at different times. 

I think because he came through the system  at Derby we don't single him out. 

Or maybe we're not singling out a young player that is playing out of position due to our horrendous luck with left back injuries.

No need for it at all, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe, Anya, we're on Plan E now. 

Monk is no tactical genius to spot this and focus their attacks down our left side.

If we had a fully fit squad to choose from and Hanson was still being picked at LB I could get on board with what you're saying. 

Hanson doesn't deserve being singled out in this situation, the whole team put in a poor performance last night in their natural positions. 

Bryson, Johnson and his needless Red, Shackell's defending at set pieces, De Sart, take your pick. Even Hughes drifted out the game. 

Just now, Sir Ramalot said:

A good footballer? Is there? One game in a random cup doesn't make a seasoned all time great... to say scared is abit silly... come on - you say he's good? Based on what? I have flashes of brilliance on a Thursday at DW but it doesn't mean il make it

Plus running into kind alleys as a winger... basics boys.... basics....

8 minutes ago, David said:

Or maybe we're not singling out a young player that is playing out of position due to our horrendous luck with left back injuries.

No need for it at all, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe, Anya, we're on Plan E now. 

Monk is no tactical genius to spot this and focus their attacks down our left side.

If we had a fully fit squad to choose from and Hanson was still being picked at LB I could get on board with what you're saying. 

Hanson doesn't deserve being singled out in this situation, the whole team put in a poor performance last night in their natural positions. 

Bryson, Johnson and his needless Red, Shackell's defending at set pieces, De Sart, take your pick. Even Hughes drifted out the game. 

I'm not just going on one game. 

I just don't rate Hanson as a Championship standard footballer.

He is 21 though and going out on loan to a lower league club could help him develop. 

Mason Bennett is the same he isn't moving on and need to go on loan somewhere lower league wise  

Camara didn't help Hanson last  night but Leeds did target the left tactically last night .

The whole team were poor also except Carson a Clement signing. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I'm not just going on one game. 

Look at your topic title and tell me how many games Hanson and Camara have played together down the left, then how many left backs we had available to choose from in those games.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Look at your topic title and tell me how many games Hanson and Camara have played together down the left, then how many left backs we had available to choose from in those games.

You know I have already said we have injured players in the FB areas you clearly didn't read that  

I also said we should of gone 3 at the back with Shacks, Keogh and Pearce. 

Tell me why the last 4 league games have been poor from Derby. 

Brum,Wigan,Norwich,Leeds. 

Whats changed other than injured FBs 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Does how many games together matter. 

They train don't they. 

Dont pick them against Leeds then  if they ain't up to it .

It didn't work last night. If you're playing Camara than you need a LB that's defensively sound, as Baird is doing at RB allowing Ince more freedom. 

I think Camara and Forsyth would be an o.k combo, but Camara does not really fit with Lowe, Olsson, etc, as they are less solid defensively, and need a bit more help from the winger. 

I think Camara has his uses, but Mac really needs to work out how to utilise him best. Maybe as impact sub when the opposition are tired or we need to salvage something. He does have the knack of making things happen as he's very direct, he just needs to be smarter. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You know I have already said we have injured players in the FB areas you clearly didn't read that  

I also said we should of gone 3 at the back with Shacks, Keogh and Pearce. 

Tell me why the last 4 league games have been poor from Derby. 

Brum,Wigan,Norwich,Leeds. 

Curtains, you created a topic calling out Hanson and Camara down the left, let's stick to that, you're not dragging me down into a never ending discussion that will see us back to why we let Brian Clough leave the club.

As you say, you are aware of the current injuries at LB, why single out a young player playing out of position whilst you have experienced players in their own positions last night playing just as poor?

Nobody will argue with you that Hanson doesn't work down the left, it's not an ideal situation but to call him out is incredibly harsh given the overall team performance.

Would 3 at the back of worked? Who knows, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who would you play wing back? Where does this leave our current best player Tom Ince?

Next week hopefully Olsson and Anya will be back which makes this all a non issue.

Camera would have been much more useful in the 2nd half when we actuylly got on the ball and played in their half for 20 mins or so.

But in the first half De Sart wasnt able to get on the ball at all due to their man marking of him, and we were unable to get out of our own half. Camera was restricted to trying to run the ball out of defence from his own last defensive 3rd.

Davo is spot on about Hanson, we seriously are down to our 4th choice for that position, which other clubs have 4 decent left backs at the club. None.

If you moved Shackell there, you still have the same problem a guy who is out of position a little bit, who isnt comfortable going forward, isnt comfortable on the ball. He may have played LB on occasions in a 4-4-2 with a sold winger infront of him, but he has never been a wing back and never will be.

1 minute ago, David said:

Curtains, you created a topic calling out Hanson and Camara down the left, let's stick to that, you're not dragging me down into a never ending discussion that will see us back to why we let Brian Clough leave the club.

As you say, you are aware of the current injuries at LB, why single out a young player playing out of position whilst you have experienced players in their own positions last night playing just as poor?

Nobody will argue with you that Hanson doesn't work down the left, it's not an ideal situation but to call him out is incredibly harsh given the overall team performance.

Would 3 at the back of worked? Who knows, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who would you play wing back? Where does this leave our current best player Tom Ince?

Next week hopefully Olsson and Anya will be back which makes this all a non issue.

Ok I'll let it drop then. 

But I am just pointing out what I perceive was the main problem last night. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok I'll let it drop then. 

But I am just pointing out what I perceive was the main problem last night. 

Despite all Leeds attacks down our left side they only scored one goal all night which came from a set piece on the right.

Midfield were anonymous and we managed 1 shot on target all night. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Despite all Leeds attacks down our left side they only scored one goal all night which came from a set piece on the right.

Midfield were anonymous and we managed 1 shot on target all night. 

No problem then .

Start them together next game against Reading. 

Just now, curtains said:

No problem then .

Start them together next game against Reading. 

Why if Olsson and Anya should be back? Like I said earlier, Hanson isn't a left back, this isn't an ideal situation, we all know this.

The 2 games we've played he has been at fault for no goals against us.

Thanks for filling in Hanson.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Why if Olsson and Anya should be back? Like I said earlier, Hanson isn't a left back, this isn't an ideal situation, we all know this.

The 2 games we've played he has been at fault for no goals against us.

Thanks for filling in Hanson.

It is ok I don't rate Hanson as a Championship player.

Nice person though.  

Simply put Hanson isn't a left back, hasn't got the positional sense there and shouldn't be played there again, an u23 who's comfortable in the position would have been a better option. Camara looked to have the skills in his early days here but that was one of the most pathetic performances I've seen in a long time last night, didn't make any effort to chase his man back and whenever he went on the attack he just ran into a brick wall

I felt a bit sorry for Camara. He kept getting slow ball to him with his back to goal, right on the touch line. The only way he could go forward was to cut inside. But whilst Leeds put three players in his way, not one Derby player showed for him on the inside. Indeed, no Derby player demanded the ball all night.

Camara is naive, but he also has explosive pace, as he showed to good effect against a team eight in the prem.

It's a shame Hughes wasn't on with him because I think he could have worked with him and given him the opportunity to use his strengths.

Archived