Will Hughes

mwram1973

Just now, brady1993 said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-pre-match-press-conference-live-updates-ahead-of-leeds-clash/story-30052750-detail/story.html

Will Hughes is available after a two-match ban but has been struggling with a knee injury.

Hughes, who has also been recovering from a broken hand, returned to training today - but may not be risked at Leeds.

********, could have really done with him against Leeds- now we're stuck with no options really, Bryson is our only fit centre mid

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

********, could have really done with him against Leeds- now we're stuck with no options really, Bryson is our only fit centre mid

Hanson, Elsnik, Johnson and De Sart can all play in central midfield. Apart from them though, you're right :ermm:

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It would be a worry however 'may not be risked' doesn't equal 'will not be risked' or even 'is fit but we are using this opportunity to mess with Leed's plans for the game'

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think his implication is for the advanced positions in midfield and perhaps @Millenniumram doesn't see Hanson or Johnson as suitable.

Bryson, Johnson and De Sart seemed to do ok against West Brom. Leeds too have a few injury concerns of their own for the record. The report also states that Hughes 'may' not be risked....

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Bryson, Johnson and De Sart seemed to do ok against West Brom. Leeds too have a few injury concerns of their own for the record. The report also states that Hughes 'may' not be risked....

Very true but I am slightly concerned that only De Sart has the ability out of those three to help control and instigate the play. Which is a lot of responsibility considering this his only his 2nd game and he probably isn't match fit yet.

32 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Hanson, Elsnik, Johnson and De Sart can all play in central midfield. Apart from them though, you're right :ermm:

I meant natural advanced midfield, all those you've listed are defensive mids imo- although if course it's great to have cover there after recent years!

30 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Very true but I am slightly concerned that only De Sart has the ability out of those three to help control and instigate the play. Which is a lot of responsibility considering this his only his 2nd game and he probably isn't match fit yet.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I meant natural advanced midfield, all those you've listed are defensive mids imo- although if course it's great to have cover there after recent years!

I thought Elsnik was an attacking midfielder  - likewise Johnson has played that role and as you state, Bryson is fit and available. Perhaps wait to see whether Hughes is declared fit before we hit the panic button? As previously stated, Leeds' defence is as injury hit as our midfield so I'd be hopeful we can come away with a point at least after our performance with the same personnel away to a Premiership side.

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I thought Elsnik was an attacking midfielder  - likewise Johnson has played that role and as you state, Bryson is fit and available. Perhaps wait to see whether Hughes is declared fit before we hit the panic button? As previously stated, Leeds' defence is as injury hit as our midfield so I'd be hopeful we can come away with a point at least after our performance with the same personnel away to a Premiership side.

You would think elsnik is considering he also plays on the wing, but from what I've seen he generally plays the defence role when he moves inside- bizzare I know! I recognise Johnson has played there before, but I do worry for our creativity with Johnson and Bryson as the two centre mids, both goals against West Brom were long range shots which although us fine, is difficult to pull off regularly and I worry whether we will be able to create chances in the box without Hughes or butterfield. That being said I'm delighted jansson is out for Leeds, he's a properly good defender and hopefully it will distrust them a bit

Archived