Rams in enemy territory

North East Ram

Live in Nottingham (Gedling) and work in Leicester. All I need now is for Leeds fans to move in next door. I've only lived in Notts for a couple of years so still getting used to being the minority. Last time I watched us on Sky though there was another Derby fan in the pub, watching with his Forest mates. Going to home games when we play Forest still seems a bit weird. Last time I didn't want to take the car and didn't fancy going on a train full of Red Dogs, so caught the Red Arrow. I could tell there were a few other football fans on there but all were keeping their allegiance hidden. It would be good if there was a pub in Notts where Rams fans could get together to watch matches. If London can have a whole district for Derby fans, surely Notts can have a pub

http://www.theramquarter.com/?gclid=CI-2jYXth9ECFUKfGwodlq4KHw

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I walked into the local dry cleaners, in Watsonia, Melbourne (Oz, not t'other one !)  and was wearing my British Midland Rams shirt.

Well, the old guy behind the counter couldn't stop talking about Cloughie and how he used to watch Rams games in black and white back in the 70's. I think I made his day . 

Although I've been to the Boxing Day test today and saw some poor clown in a Red Dog shirt. He must have been wearing it for a bet or a forfeit! 

Lived in Sherwood 20 years now, never had any problems even with a Derby shirt on in the pub.

The train on Forest games is no different to any other day really, they mostly go on  the coaches cos they're tight bleeders!

Archived