Rams in enemy territory

North East Ram

3 minutes ago, E17Rams said:

I think you may have been stood behind me at Fulham. Unless we had multiple Aussies in the away end on Saturday!

Sad to say my girlfriend wasn't quite as enthusiastic at her first Derby game...

Oddly enough, we did.

There was a bloke coming to his first ever Derby game from Australia on Saturday.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 boys and me live deep in Red Dog territory;

My youngest has been schooled with Red Dog fans; Proud to say he was the mascot for the 5-0 and got the bragging rights throughout West Bridgford for leading out the team that day. We have lots of fun casually walking round with Rams shirts on...probably the best was when they lost to Yeovil in the City Grd 2nd leg; (:lol:) Young Edward stood outside the house in his Rams' shirt as the Dogs trooped home. Most though didn't notice as their heads were all looking down as they trudged home...

My daughter's at uni in Nottingham and is in student digs near Trent bridge. Although we've never been in the Trent bridge wetherspoons wearing anything Derby when we visit, she often wears her Derby shirt when out.  She's never had any trouble that I know of but I often remind her to rein it in a bit if she's had a few, she can be a bit gobby and sarcastic, dunno where she gets it from tbh. :ph34r:

Live in Cheadle, Stockport (from Derby). Other than a scarf I don't really show my colours but my husband wears his derby shirt at the gym. It's all United and City supporters around here but he gets a lot of them talking to him about Derby, all good things. 

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Oddly enough, we did.

There was a bloke coming to his first ever Derby game from Australia on Saturday.

Yeah,that was my first Derby game and I'm from Brisbane as well. Great atmosphere just can't get over not being able to take your beers back to your seat. Have to put that into my top three sporting events of the year along with NASCAR in Dallas and watching the mighty Canberra Raiders in this years NRL preliminary final.

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Grown up in Stoke supporting territory. Its weird really but the further you live away from Derby the more you want to show your colours.

I've always proudly shown mine (oo er)...rarely go out even to this day without at least a Ram lapel pin badge on. Walk the dog with me Rams coat in the winter and a Rams shirt in the summer.

Used to go running half marathons with the latest Derby top, played sunday football for over 20 years and always wore a Rams shirt of some description when playing away in Cheadle, Blythe Bridge, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent in general really, during the post game drink.

Had a few run ins because of it but very few and far between and never contemplated hiding me colours.

Utch is weird. Its mainly Stoke but i know of at least 40 Derby season ticket holders and many more "half fans", (about 200 from Utch were at the play off final!) There's also plenty of Brum, Villa, Wolves as well as a good few plastics (Manure & Liverpool mainly).

It must be harder for those in or near Notts.

On the Notts/Leics border

My son (born in Leics but now even more avid a Ram than me ) and I season ticket holders for years

Never a problem with Forest fans - in my opinion just like us and enjoy the rivalry. Salt of the earth types (apart from the predictable odd lunatic) 

Leicester fans a different kettle of fish - almost alien and edgy. Although most people throughout  the whole of North Leics still seem to follow Forest.

Just going off topic - is it just me who finds it interesting that fans of some clubs have absolutely no interest whatsoever in teams other than their own ? On travels over the world its often been magic to chat about our respective clubs with fans from Wednesday, Man City, Everton, Leeds, Middlesborough, Hull, Spurs, Stoke and others. Worst offenders by a country mile Man U, closely followed by Arsenal . Not the slightest concern or interest in anyone except themselves.

Born and bred a Londoner, enemy territory? Right in the middle of a Chelsea, QPR heartland. 

School was always fun, surrounded by Man U, Chelsea and other London clubs. Was like a scene from The Warriors getting home sometimes. Maybe me but as kids we were always scrapping with someone, being Derby and proud I always stood out and was a target. Little Angry is Derby and loves telling everyone he is Derby, he has converted some of his mates now. Middle Angry is a Yid and has been shunned by the family. Is it still illegal so keep 23 year olds locked in cupboards? 

Never really been a shirt wearer but have the odd t-shirt and wear those with pride if out and about. Some around here will look at you like you are an alien but who gives a poo. I walk past Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool shirt wearing kids everyday. Will always have something to say to younguns who wear Wolves shirts etc.. Good on them for not following the pack.

COYR

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Born and bred a Londoner, enemy territory? Right in the middle of a Chelsea, QPR heartland. 

School was always fun, surrounded by Man U, Chelsea and other London clubs. Was like a scene from The Warriors getting home sometimes. Maybe me but as kids we were always scrapping with someone, being Derby and proud I always stood out and was a target. Little Angry is Derby and loves telling everyone he is Derby, he has converted some of his mates now. Middle Angry is a Yid and has been shunned by the family. Is it still illegal so keep 23 year olds locked in cupboards? 

Never really been a shirt wearer but have the odd t-shirt and wear those with pride if out and about. Some around here will look at you like you are an alien but who gives a poo. I walk past Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool shirt wearing kids everyday. Will always have something to say to younguns who wear Wolves shirts etc.. Good on them for not following the pack.

COYR

Pun of the week

On 12/20/2016 at 17:20, LesterRam said:

Cant even get my own lad to wear a Rams kit :(

even got rammy the ram to give him a hug to move him to the dark side all to no avail, bribery is next :thumbsup:

Half-fan, my daughter is all the way in Cape Town and she knows all the songs at the age of 7. Keep up.

17 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

COYR

Admit it. Being a Derby fan in London in the mid 90 is the equivalent of football's "Hoxton Cool".

I bought a house in Chilwell in March to live with my Notts other half, got a Ram air freshener in my car, but hide it when parked up at home in case some local Red Dog takes a dislike to it, I know if we'd seen a forest badge in a car in Derby when I was a teen my mate would have dumped on the bonnet, so can't take no chances!

I am turncoat ex Man U     (yes I was born there ! And still keep an eye on the score)

I have been gradually corrupted or converted over the last 20 years of living in the city of the Ram. Am happy to say that my Luton born Nephew has a "we only had 10 men shirt" and Derby County V Charlton in 1990something (we lost ) was the first time he ever went to a football ground aged about 4-1/2 .  ......I got taken to Forest by a friend not long after we moved here it still sends nightmare shivers down my spine thinking about that place. It was a hospitality ticket against Man U .. Got food poisoning and spent the entire second half throwing up. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

COYR

Always a thread subject that interests and resonates.

Welsh parents moved to Derby late 60s (Dad had job at Rolls Royce) and Dad happily took to watching Rams.

Saw first games 76/77 season and been hooked ever since.

Work and life brought me to Brighton 15 yrs ago and three boys have arrived since then. My eldest's football interest coincided with the annus horribilis 11 point season so my pleas of Rams allegiance fell on deaf ears.

Boys now regularly watch the Seagulls and I'm glad that they have developed a passion for supporting their local team. Realistically we wouldn't be able to watch many Rams games and I'd much rather they gain a passion for a team that they can watch regularly and affiliate to.

I still wish they were fellow Rams but that's life - plus I get to swear at my offspring every year from the conflnes of the away stand at the Amex!

1 hour ago, jono said:

I am turncoat ex Man U     (yes I was born there ! And still keep an eye on the score)

I have been gradually corrupted or converted over the last 20 years of living in the city of the Ram. Am happy to say that my Luton born Nephew has a "we only had 10 men shirt" and Derby County V Charlton in 1990something (we lost ) was the first time he ever went to a football ground aged about 4-1/2 .  ......I got taken to Forest by a friend not long after we moved here it still sends nightmare shivers down my spine thinking about that place. It was a hospitality ticket against Man U .. Got food poisoning and spent the entire second half throwing up. 

You don't need the food poisoning excuse......

Archived