Rams in enemy territory

North East Ram

The dad of 4 of my grandkids is a plastic manure fan and has no say in who they support. All have Derby shirts, Rammies Etc and the youngest who is 9 months old has already learnt to clap 3 times whenever I say Derby. I just need him to learn how to clap too fast and out of time with the rest of them to become a true Rams fan.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my boys are born and bred in Sheffield(dee daas).

I left it open to them to support who they wanted but they have only ever been Rams.

My 15 year old is too cocky with it and always insists on going in the local with a Derby shirt on(blades pub).

To be fair Sheffield has got to be one of the friendliest places around.It's definitely not Leeds.

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

All my boys are born and bred in Sheffield(dee daas).

I left it open to them to support who they wanted but they have only ever been Rams.

My 15 year old is too cocky with it and always insists on going in the local with a Derby shirt on(blades pub).

To be fair Sheffield has got to be one of the friendliest places around.It's definitely not Leeds.

I've family in Sheffield (Owls) and you're right, it ain't Leeds by a long shot.

15 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

My uncle is the reason I support Derby, still the person I have my season ticket with today. It is your duty to get him to PP on the 27th, if I could fall in love with a Derby side including Manel and Adam Bolder, he'll have no problem with this one.

I support the Rams because they are awesome ? And I am surrounded by Chelsea and Reading fans which includes mrs Woodleys family but ...they will be turned ?

Moved to West Bridgford when I was 1 year old and didn't escape until early 20s. Always wore my Derby kit playing football on the local park. Didn't really feel much rivalry (they were always the small relations and County were really the more famous Nottingham team) until Clough went there and they won a couple of trophies that should have been ours.

6 hours ago, Zurich Ram said:

not that I know of Utch, mainly big utility power plants coal fired and gas turbine plants.

Just wondered as my son works for Aggreko and has been project manager for a few diesel generated power stations in South America, including Peru over the last 5 or 6 years. 

There's usually a Rams flag up in the plant office during commissioning!

19 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Just found out my 5 year old nephew won't go anywhere in his native near dirties area (aka West Yorkshire) in anything but the Rams kit I optimistically bought him. He's never even been to Derby / Derbyshire (yet) but he seems to me to be a Ram off the old block. He was transfixed when I was watching the 70s footage earlier. Just need to persuade his folks to let me take him to PP to give him his rights of passage. It's what any decent uncle should do!

Has anyone else been able to get their family and friends on the right track before the dark side beckons?

My 4 year old grandson lives in Sheffield, and one of the first things he learned to say was "Come on, Derby". He's not had a trip to Pride Park with us yet (he is autstic and any change to his routine needs to be managed and planned well in advance - and the crowds might bring on a 'wobbly') but it will happen one day.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

My 4 year old grandson lives in Sheffield, and one of the first things he learned to say was "Come on, Derby". He's not had a trip to Pride Park with us yet (he is autstic and any change to his routine needs to be managed and planned well in advance - and the crowds might bring on a 'wobbly') but it will happen one day.

He'll get there eventually; as you say, just needs a bit of time and planning. My friends son is autistic and now he's 9, he takes him back to Glasgow to watch Celtic, which as you can imagine can be quite loud. Pleased to hear he's cheering us on though - sounds like dad and granddad have done their bit well.

My brother lives in brum, i remember going to watch derby play birmingham city with him in a pub in moseley, which is prime BCFC country, that was a bit of a hairy night i can tell ya.

think it woukd have been the season under king billy we finished 3rd nd won the playoffs, but when we played them we were 2nd they were top and they beat us fairly easily ;(

Grown up in Stoke supporting territory. Its weird really but the further you live away from Derby the more you want to show your colours.

I've always proudly shown mine (oo er)...rarely go out even to this day without at least a Ram lapel pin badge on. Walk the dog with me Rams coat in the winter and a Rams shirt in the summer.

Used to go running half marathons with the latest Derby top, played sunday football for over 20 years and always wore a Rams shirt of some description when playing away in Cheadle, Blythe Bridge, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent in general really, during the post game drink.

Had a few run ins because of it but very few and far between and never contemplated hiding me colours.

Utch is weird. Its mainly Stoke but i know of at least 40 Derby season ticket holders and many more "half fans", (about 200 from Utch were at the play off final!) There's also plenty of Brum, Villa, Wolves as well as a good few plastics (Manure & Liverpool mainly).

It must be harder for those in or near Notts.

51 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Grown up in Stoke supporting territory. Its weird really but the further you live away from Derby the more you want to show your colours.

I've always proudly shown mine (oo er)...rarely go out even to this day without at least a Ram lapel pin badge on. Walk the dog with me Rams coat in the winter and a Rams shirt in the summer.

Used to go running half marathons with the latest Derby top, played sunday football for over 20 years and always wore a Rams shirt of some description when playing away in Cheadle, Blythe Bridge, Meir, Stoke-on-Trent in general really, during the post game drink.

Had a few run ins because of it but very few and far between and never contemplated hiding me colours.

Utch is weird. Its mainly Stoke but i know of at least 40 Derby season ticket holders and many more "half fans", (about 200 from Utch were at the play off final!) There's also plenty of Brum, Villa, Wolves as well as a good few plastics (Manure & Liverpool mainly).

It must be harder for those in or near Notts.

Weird territory uttoxeter,virtually Derbyshire and certainly more in common with dcfc then stoke or portvale.....

I drive through uttoxeter a lot m8,I'll keep an eye out for you!

16 hours ago, Zurich Ram said:

I travel a lot with business and wherever I find myself on a power station in a more remote part of the world (this year has included Peru, India and Mexico) and I require the staff  to bring me data readings from the plant, I insist that every report is concluded with the words "Up The Rams"

m81ov6.jpg

19 hours ago, archied said:

My daughters newish boyfriend is from Brisbane oz and he mentioned he had never been to a proper football match and wanted to see a premiership game , me and my daughter being die hard Derby fans informed him premiership was the diluted version of real English football and I got an extra ticket for Fulham last Saturday ,, Derby fans were absolute quality at Fulham and he got to see and experience real fans , he loved it ,,, a new ram is born and it's confirmed that if any grandchildren were to come along in the future they would be brought up as Rams ( as if there was ever going to be any other way with me as a grandad ) and the name and legend of Derby county has another Aussie to spread the word ,,, did I say ramsfans were real quality at Fulham ? Filled with pride standing amongst them watching him wide eyed thinking he'd not seen or heard anything like us

Good day wannit Fulham?

It's Steve McClaren wooooah, it's Steve McClaren woooah woooah woah oh oh oh!

On 20/12/2016 at 06:31, archied said:

My daughters newish boyfriend is from Brisbane oz and he mentioned he had never been to a proper football match and wanted to see a premiership game , me and my daughter being die hard Derby fans informed him premiership was the diluted version of real English football and I got an extra ticket for Fulham last Saturday ,, Derby fans were absolute quality at Fulham and he got to see and experience real fans , he loved it ,,, a new ram is born and it's confirmed that if any grandchildren were to come along in the future they would be brought up as Rams ( as if there was ever going to be any other way with me as a grandad ) and the name and legend of Derby county has another Aussie to spread the word ,,, did I say ramsfans were real quality at Fulham ? Filled with pride standing amongst them watching him wide eyed thinking he'd not seen or heard anything like us

I think you may have been stood behind me at Fulham. Unless we had multiple Aussies in the away end on Saturday!

Sad to say my girlfriend wasn't quite as enthusiastic at her first Derby game...

Archived