Beer Thread

Cisse

That stuff is interesting, to say the least. Huge pineapple/grapefruit citrus hop hit and a long aftertaste. Personally I prefer the Bengali Tiger sold at Wetherspoons - well, my pocket does anyway, and it's 6%.

Can a hop bomb be a session beer which this BrewDog offering purports to be at 3.8%? I'm not so sure. After a couple, my cheeks are touching each other on the inside of my mouth.

I don't think overly hoppy beers can session at all - mind you I'm not a fan of hoppy beers which is proving a bit of a problem for me as I am moving down to East Kent in a month's time and it's all they seem to do. Give me nice red pint anytime

I don't think overly hoppy beers can session at all - mind you I'm not a fan of hoppy beers which is proving a bit of a problem for me as I am moving down to East Kent in a month's time and it's all they seem to do. Give me nice red pint anytime

Gadds Dogbolter for you it is then (Ramsgate Brewery). 

Gadds Dogbolter for you it is then (Ramsgate Brewery). 

Thanks for that Eddie - I'm already a bit of a fan of Gadds No5 and we'll be living just down the road from Ramsgate so might be on guest around the local pubs. Some of the Wantsum ales are worth noting as well, worth a try if you come across one (still a bit hoppy for me but I can cope with them). 

Waitrose has got a beer festival on at the moment with 20% off from classic wheat beers to modern American IPAs Featured ones are Duvel, Blanche de Namur, Leffe, Harviestoun, Hoegaarden, Goose Island, Westmalle, Coopers etc etc

Thanks for that Eddie - I'm already a bit of a fan of Gadds No5 and we'll be living just down the road from Ramsgate so might be on guest around the local pubs. Some of the Wantsum ales are worth noting as well, worth a try if you come across one (still a bit hoppy for me but I can cope with them).

down the road?

In the channel?

"http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AhprBLS0CXg/UxXmEcFPzGI/AAAAAAAAA30/HkUY-u-K-xc/s1600/Mikkeller-BrewDog-I-Hardcore-You-Imperial-IPA-label" alt="Mikkeller-BrewDog-I-Hardcore-You-Imperia">

Not one for Smalley Ram!

"What do you get if you blend Hardcore IPA and I Beat You together and then add even more dry hops?

I Hardcore You of course. This is the return, for a limited time only, of a beer which proved firm favourite with hop heads.

I Hardcore You is a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale. After blending these two awesome beers, the beer is then dry hopped another two times."

There is one worth seeking out (based on the one bottle that Kurt of Belgiuminabox sent me as a prezzy) - St Bernardus Blanche, which undergoes an in-bottle secondary fermentation. And, of course, St Bernardus is a world class Abbey brewery (they used to brew for St Sixtus-Westvleteren) so they have 'standards'.

available at The Alex for

Two door bottle coolers on my ads now, quite appropriate

Had a full pint shock horror of 'magic stone dog' a sort of farmhouse/ipa mix collab between brewdog, stone and magic rock. Less than the sum of it's parts tbh.

5%

So it's onto a third of Siren Craft's Shattered Dream, a ten percent imperial breakfast stout, and then it'll be a third of Brewdog's Russian Doll barley wine, also 10%. It ends there I think!

The Russian doll series (there's a double ipa and one other) only launched six days ago... so a brand new beer Exciting!