Swindon Town rip off fans

rynny

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Man United can cover that cost. I'm not so sure Swindon can 

And Tranmere if you didn't see my post before whilst replying.

Bristol Rovers are giving their fans free travel to the Swindon game, Swindon? absolutely nothing for their fans. Fall back on terms and conditions all they like but that's shocking. Google is littered with clubs offering 50% off tickets for rearranged games with ticket stubs.

Have to agree to disagree on this one I guess. For me Swindon should get a 30 point deduction :ph34r:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, David said:

And Tranmere if you didn't see my post before whilst replying.

Bristol Rovers are giving their fans free travel to the Swindon game, Swindon? absolutely nothing for their fans. Fall back on terms and conditions all they like but that's shocking. Google is littered with clubs offering 50% off tickets for rearranged games with ticket stubs.

Have to agree to disagree on this one I guess. For me Swindon should get a 30 point deduction :ph34r:

So what's next? Insurance like ABTA on a holiday? 

We will agree to disagree. Think we've got fair points on either side

3 hours ago, David said:

Not saying the game should have continued regardless of the weather, that's the referees call not the clubs.

I do believe if you pay for a ticket to watch 90 minutes of football that's what you should get regardless of the small print. 

If you went to the cinema, half hour from the end bad weather causes a power cut, would you walk away and think oh you little bugger god, didn't get to see the ending guess I'll buy another ticket or would you think the cinema should allow you reentry to watch the full film you paid for at a later date?

Lots of Derby fans pay for 90 minutes minimum but end up with 85 or less - they leave early. :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I think it's poor by Swindon. If a fixture gets abandoned, the fans that attended it should be able to see the rescheduled fixture free of charge.

I know the club would paying out again for policing etc, but they should make allowances for that.

By making allowances for that, I assume you mean they should have charged twice as much in the first place, thereby negating the potential costs of running a second match. Everyone's a winner. 

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

By making allowances for that, I assume you mean they should have charged twice as much in the first place, thereby negating the potential costs of running a second match. Everyone's a winner. 

No. They should use the profit the made from the original match.

8 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

No. They should use the profit the made from the original match.

Exactly. So you're assuming they already do as I suggested, and the original tickets have already been marked up 100% to account for any potential abandonments. But seeing as 99% of games aren't abandoned, surely that would be more of a rip off. 

Archived