Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

34 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

France 0-0 against Belarus. 

Portugal losing 2-0 YES you read that right.. 

They're without their 2 best players Ronaldo and Renato Sanches though. This is a post euros hangover. Germany had it after they won the World Cup where it took them a while to get back to speed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

They're without their 2 best players Ronaldo and Renato Sanches though. This is a post euros hangover. Germany had it after they won the World Cup where it took them a while to get back to speed

England have post-World Cup and post-Euros hangovers too.

Usually in the middle of the tournament.

Was it you @McLovin that argued with me ages ago that Stones was overrated and wouldn't get near a top side in Spain? Didn't have a proper defenders brain etc. Find it funny that he was signed and made first choice by Guardiola if so.

How this keeper is better than Hart is beyond me, don't care if he can play some crazy sweeper keeper role he almost just gifted an equaliser. Luckily Stones showed proper defensive intuition and went to the line.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Was it you @McLovin that argued with me ages ago that Stones was overrated and wouldn't get near a top side in Spain? Didn't have a proper defenders brain etc. Find it funny that he was signed and made first choice by Guardiola if so.

How this keeper is better than Hart is beyond me, don't care if he can play some crazy sweeper keeper role he almost just gifted an equaliser. Luckily Stones showed proper defensive intuition and went to the line.

Bravo is easily better than Joe Hart, by a million miles. One mistake doesn't change that. I don't rate Stones, Guardiola will develop him because he is the best coach in the game. Stones wasn't City's first choice, Guardiola wanted Laporte and  Bonucci but when he couldn't get them he got stones. He wanted a ball playing centre back but because none were available he bought stones. Stones wouldn't get into any top side in Spain because the top teams there have superior defenders. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Bravo is easily better than Joe Hart, by a million miles. One mistake doesn't change that. I don't rate Stones, Guardiola will develop him because he is the best coach in the game. Stones wasn't City's first choice, Guardiola wanted Laporte and  Bonucci but when he couldn't get them he got stones. He wanted a ball playing centre back but because none were available he bought stones. Stones wouldn't get into any top side in Spain because the top teams there have superior defenders. 

Everything you said there is hypothetical against my reasoning from reality. Bravo may come good but today he's been all over the place since that mistake.

Either way going for a 3-3 here.

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Everything you said there is hypothetical against my reasoning from reality. Bravo may come good but today he's been all over the place since that mistake.

Either way going for a 3-3 here.

He has had 2 days of training. If Bravo was bad Barcelona wouldn't have bought him in the first place.De Gea was exactly the same when he first came. 

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah I don't understand it when they talk about parts of the game like they only exist in the Premier League. Standard Skysports hype train ****, like Bravo never faced deep crosses in Spain...

Surprised he had the nerve to criticise him and talk up the premier league after his shambles at Valencia. Like Joe Hart never made mistakes did he.

Archived