Well done Burnley & Boro

unclej

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There seems to be a great deal of genuine hatred for Derby among Brighton fans (on the internet, in areas were to be honest negativity is rife any way. Haven't met a RL BHA fan who has owt against us), that funnily enough wasn't there before we absolutely spanked them in the play-offs. I imagine Boro may have joined that group. I hope Sheff Wed batter them, just for the laughs.

I remember after you beat us in the play-offs we were very magnanimous in defeat, saying you fully deserved to beat us. I even recall some praise on these forums for us and how he we took it. The exact same thing happened this season when Boro beat us at the Amex and their fans were saying what a great bunch we are. In the end though there's always conflict because everyone has opposite and opposing view points which are magnified when clubs are briefly competitive rivals. I've seen it so many times of the years, every time you're battling for promotion or relegation against another side. It doesn't matter which sides are involved, an animosity becomes present. It's not unique to Brighton, or Boro, or Derby etc it's just what happens. I've got a season ticket and go to most away games, there is certainly no hatred towards Derby. No one even talks about you to be honest. If you created a forum thread, sure you would get some comments in both directions people don't like, that's the nature of the internet and written text where sometimes the cheeky smile of a one-to-one chat in a pub can be lost.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SimonBHA said:

I remember after you beat us in the play-offs we were very magnanimous in defeat, saying you fully deserved to beat us. I even recall some praise on these forums for us and how he we took it. The exact same thing happened this season when Boro beat us at the Amex and their fans were saying what a great bunch we are. In the end though there's always conflict because everyone has opposite and opposing view points which are magnified when clubs are briefly competitive rivals. I've seen it so many times of the years, every time you're battling for promotion or relegation against another side. It doesn't matter which sides are involved, an animosity becomes present. It's not unique to Brighton, or Boro, or Derby etc it's just what happens. I've got a season ticket and go to most away games, there is certainly no hatred towards Derby. No one even talks about you to be honest. If you created a forum thread, sure you would get some comments in both directions people don't like, that's the nature of the internet and written text where sometimes the cheeky smile of a one-to-one chat in a pub can be lost.

Yeah, as I said I haven't met a Brighton fan in real life with owt against us (and I don't traipse around in other clubs forums very often) just in places where negativity is genuinely rife across the board, like Twitter, there seems to be an unusually high amount of Brighton fans who genuinely hate us :p 

23 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. All it takes is for one person to make such a comment and suddenly it's "Fans". We have a very busy forum. We have 25k+ fans attending games. A handful of people make comments and they represent thousands? Daft. Our fans are the same. They look at opposition forums and get a face on because people are calling us gay, or saying our team is rubbish, or whatever. The internet gives idiots oxygen and our forum is a very popular forum so you will get idiots. Put 10 Burnley fans and 10 Brighton fans in a room and what will you find, they're all just normal people. You can't define a group of people by the club they support, it's ******* stupid! 

But one forum to another the percentage of posters who are utter cockwombles is different and I think it's fair to say it's a representative sample.  Every forum has it's twonks, UpTheClarets has it's fair share, OneBoro, DCFC Fans too but they are a minority.  On North Stand Chat it's a majority, there's no two ways about it.

Does that mean all Brighton fans are idiots?  Ofcourse not.  Does it suggest they have more than their fair share?  I could be wrong but I'd say so.

Funny and clever?  Try bitter and pathetic.  This shared by a BHAFC journalist.

Like I said, it's an immaturity that in most sets of fans is limited to a very small minority, not so at Brighton.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, as I said I haven't met a Brighton fan in real life with owt against us (and I don't traipse around in other clubs forums very often) just in places where negativity is genuinely rife across the board, like Twitter, there seems to be an unusually high amount of Brighton fans who genuinely hate us :p 

Thing with twitter is you're only going to see those being biter. No one's going to tweet, "what a lovely bunch" :D

To be fair,I remember Get me rangers from QPR popping in before ñ after the play off final being ok but there being one absolute abyss of a QPR forum...can't mind the name of it.

Anyway, good luck to Boro and Burnley next season and the play offs should be fin for neutrals as us, Brighton, Wednesday and Hull all play decent football and its genuinely even and open this year.

11 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

But one forum to another the percentage of posters who are utter cockwombles is different and I think it's fair to say it's a representative sample.  Every forum has it's twonks, UpTheClarets has it's fair share, OneBoro, DCFC Fans too but they are a minority.  On North Stand Chat it's a majority, there's no two ways about it.

Does that mean all Brighton fans are idiots?  Ofcourse not.  Does it suggest they have more than their fair share?  I could be wrong but I'd say so.

Like I said, it's an immaturity that in most sets of fans is limited to the minority, not so at Brighton.

A BHAFC journalist who is a Stoke fan. How is it bitter, or pathetic? Footballers and I include Brighton players in that, should be wearing adult sized shinpads. They are there to prevent this sort of injury! So many players now pandering to fashion. Our forums are far busier than a lot of other clubs forums. Oppositions fans only read the comments they don't like. They ignore the sensible ones and forget that 99% of people are sensible and therefore have no reason to post anything as they'd only be repeating what someone sensible has already said. I'm not having a go at you, I think most people, including myself are guilty of it too. It's very easy to skip the sensible comments and pick up on something daft. 

That Stephans challenge was just as bad as the one Thorne took, because he went in to plant one on him after a exchange of words a few minutes prior to it, disgusting challenge and we know first hand because they went after Hughes and Bryson the previous week.. I was actually happy Boro did em in the same way I lost all respect for Tottenham and their antics, dummy was spat out and they decided to start throwing the toys. 

21 hours ago, gazram80 said:

Yeh they are quite bitter after 1-1 draw they had a hatred thread for our will.

Amd what makes it worse about that game... we cost them promotion.. just hope they don't come back and bite us at Wembley lol

42 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

George Thorne's double leg break was greeted with "Good."

That idiot might one day get a broken leg whilst playing, and from breaking my own leg whilst playing I can assure him he wont greet it with "good".. more like screaming like a girl like I was doing :lol:

34 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Like I said, it's an immaturity that in most sets of fans is limited to a very small minority, not so at Brighton.

Stud high tackles are allowed now? leg breakers and leg splitters are allowed... jesus christ that journalist needs a talking too from someone.

12 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

That Stephans challenge was just as bad as the one Thorne took, because he went in to plant one on him after a exchange of words a few minutes prior to it, disgusting challenge and we know first hand because they went after Hughes and Bryson the previous week.. I was actually happy Boro did em in the same way I lost all respect for Tottenham and their antics, dummy was spat out and they decided to start throwing the toys. 

There was no intent in Stephens challenge at all. It was an accident.

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

That idiot might one day get a broken leg whilst playing, and from breaking my own leg whilst playing I can assure him he wont greet it with "good".. more like screaming like a girl like I was doing :lol:

You and other modern day footballers :no:... at least I tried to walk it off, but soon realized it wasn't greatest of ideas. Feeling your tibia trying to get through you skin was moment to remember though.

I assume that players who did their tibia's 50 years ago went to see the doctor after playing the game first.:wub:

18 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He went into a challenge with his studs up what is endangering the opponent and is a red.

No no no! Ramirez was the one intentionally endangering himself by wearing children's shin pads. Stephens and Brighton are the victims here...

1st time i've seen the red card. No way IMO is that a red card. A yellow card absolutey but a red? Come on!

How dare he knock the card out the refs hand who does he think he is! Glad Boro have gone up and we don't have to face them but this was stupid hopefully didn't have a massive impact on the game (Of course Boro went up but I mean Brighton attacking looking like they was going to score till this point etc ).

Good to see more users from other forums coming on here and debating. There have been Boro,Burnley,Brighton,Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and Hull fans who have joined this forum recently along with the Forest fans in the fawazi thread and I have to say that all have been very sensible and seem like a good bunch. You're always going to get your bad bunch of fans but having looked at that Brighton forum it must have the highest ratio of users: tw*ts but it doesn't mean that all their users are tw*ts. There are good and bad fans to all clubs but fans of the big clubs in the premier league are the most annoying. Take some Arsenal fans as an example, they'd rather see Arsenal lose if it meant that Ozil got an assist but that's the world we live in I'm afraid.

Alright lads, 

Came on here shortly after our game in January (Boro) so just want to follow on from that basically and also comment on a few things on this thread. 

I genuinely hope you do it this season, I think you have probably got Hull's number, we also had beaten Brentford twice before playing them in the playoffs last season and we pretty much hammered them over the two legs. Same again for you boys hopefully. Got a lot of time for Derby fans and your club as a whole. 

Hope Thorne makes a quick recovery, jeez if it wasn't for bad luck he would literally have no luck at all. 

I too have looked on the Brighton forum, to be honest the less said the better. Particularly loved the comments that our atmosphere at our ground was only good because we come from a poor area with nothing else to fight for... Sigh! 

Anyway lads, all the best, and I hope you do it. Think you will be playing Sheff Wed in the final, you can do it! 

Cheers

Not just Brighton fans who think it was the wrong decision though. Clearly it is worthy of debate. Whether my opinion is right or wrong, the pundits on Football League Tonight, on Goals on Sunday etc all thought it was the wrong decision. I don't think this is me being a disgusting or vile fan, I just think he got it wrong. I'm not even to upset in the context of the game as I'm not convinced we'd have won anyway but I am gutted that he will miss the play-offs as he's a massively important player for us. Listen to what they say on Goals on Sunday:

8 minutes ago, Holgate86mfc said:

I too have looked on the Brighton forum, to be honest the less said the better. Particularly loved the comments that our atmosphere at our ground was only good because we come from a poor area with nothing else to fight for... Sigh! 

Classic example of what I have been saying though. Multiple pages praising Boro's support. One post that comments on the poor area being the reason and there's posts about here and on your forums etc. One frickin post out of loads! Plus the guy who made it is known on our forums for spouting rubbish.

7 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Classic example of what I have been saying though. Multiple pages praising Boro's support. One post that comments on the poor area being the reason and there's posts about here and on your forums etc. One frickin post out of loads! Plus the guy who made it is known on our forums for spouting rubbish.

Even if I dismiss that one (and there was a few that supported it) there has been a lot of comments on there that do come across very bitter. Maybe it's the heat of the moment I don't know. Just think you need to focus on the job in hand. Take Rosenior as an example and his interview. The end of the day you didn't win and you didn't do enough to win it, we carved out the best chances you had the one chance, that's it. Plus people seem to forget the red card meant our best player also had to leave the pitch

I personally think the game was bigger than it actually was as before the game I was convinced the loser would then blow the playoffs as well. I'm still convinced by that 

Anyway no hard feelings. I've said what I wanted to. Definitely a much stronger playoffs than last year 

Archived