George Thorne

Kernow

41 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

"Ooo play the same team, keep the momentum" the rest of us suggesting make changes all branded idiots and geaorgie boys broke his leg in a nothing game

i get that a broken leg could happen to anyone of our players at anytime but Thorne with his track record would be a player to wrap in cotton wool 

More a case of his importance to us in terms of having no natural replacement for him in our large squad than his track record , think that's why his past injuries have stood out for us ,, Martin the same ,, others we can get around with our squad

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, davenportram said:

I really have to post on this issue, footballers it would appear and also  football fans are blissfully unaware of the issues paramedics have.

They werent lazy yesterady they followed correct procedure

1) The physios went on when the referee stopped play, the paramedics with the first response bags also entered to pitch - obviously going slower for two very good reason - a) the bag is ******* heavy and b) if they run with a heavy bag they increase the risk to themselves of injury through not carrying it properly. This did not delay treatment to Thorne because the Physio was giving first response treatment. Notice none of the DCFC physios or staff were getting on the backs of the medics - probably because they understand the process more than fans

2) The stretcher people took the trolly and stretcher to a position level with Thorne - to make it the shortest possible distance to carry him off the pitch. They then un-clipped the stretcher and when requested by the medics treating Thorne carried it onto the pitch at a safe pace.  Again this did not effect the treatment to Thorne because the medics and Physios were in attendance and preparing Thorne for transfer to the stretcher. I don't know if anyone noticed but the stretcher was at the Physios side for about a minute before they started to actually put George on it.

In short the medics did nothing wrong an to call them lazy show a complete lack of respect and understanding for the job they do

I bet you are never more than two yards away from a clip board and/or a hi-viz jacket.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The like is for the first bit. 

But I don't even want to think about which team other than ours Will would grace! 

My like was for the first bit 

I don't think about it, I have nightmares about it 

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Why would you toot a player if you see them driving a car? Just weird. (And dangerous)

I'm more concerned about him not smiling... that's it.. he doesn't like Derby its simple, Butters doesn't like life and both of them should be kicked out

:lol: 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

studs up challenge, late, nowhere near the ball, reckless and not a foul. It amazes me.

I would disagree. It's an attempted block. Not a tackle. It's a volley which he had to try an block from the side. Thorne's follow through connected shin onto boot. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

I would disagree. It's an attempted block. Not a tackle. It's a volley which he had to try an block from the side. Thorne's follow through connected shin onto boot. 

I would disagree with your view on it.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

just because I think before I post or try to understand why people do what they do?

You think before you post? Why then start a sentence without a capital and put a question mark at the end of a statement?  Perhaps the delay might have been because before entering the field of play there was a requirement to undertake a risk assessment for landmines?

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Watching it on video, I wouldn't put it down as a shocking challenge but it is a bad foul. I know the outcome is terrible but it was just one of those freak incidences for me.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

Then we will have to agree to disagree.

How polite

Indeed i doth bow to your politeness

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

Why thank you kind sir, though my preference would have been for you to .bow to my correctness. Forsooth. 

That is most difficult when one is so clearly wrong my noble friend.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

That is most difficult when one is so clearly wrong my noble friend.

Au contraire, if thou would be so kind to inform me of an occasion when an attemped block of a shot hath resulted in a penalty I will doth my cap in thy direction. In the absence of said declaration, up thine. 

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You think before you post? Why then start a sentence without a capital and put a question mark at the end of a statement?  Perhaps the delay might have been because before entering the field of play there was a requirement to undertake a risk assessment for landmines?

The question mark is because I was asking a question in reply to your post. The question mark changes the statement into a question. Just like tone of voice can do when speaking.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

Au contraire, if thou would be so kind to inform me of an occasion when an attemped block of a shot hath resulted in a penalty I will doth my cap in thy direction. In the absence of said declaration, up thine. 

When ones studs are raised in order to connect with sir georges shin, resulting in the breakath of the holy bone.

Just now, Paul71 said:

When ones studs are raised in order to connect with sir georges shin, resulting in the breakath of the holy bone.

Gadzooks, thy are cast in a spell of misunderstanding. and confuddlement. Can thee remember a previous occasion when the master of ceremonies has proclaimed penalty in such a circumstance. Prithee

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

Gadzooks, thy are cast in a spell of misunderstanding. and confuddlement. Can thee remember a previous occasion when the master of ceremonies has proclaimed penalty in such a circumstance. Prithee

Without doubt, he stands before us and he says yes there is foul play a foot, place your leather sphere upon the spot and taketh your best aim.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Without doubt, he stands before us and he says yes there is foul play a foot, place your leather sphere upon the spot and taketh your best aim.

Sire your cursed reply surely consists of the product of the behind of a male cow. Thy cannot recall a previous occurence and they knoweth it.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, sage said:

Sire your cursed reply surely consists of the product of the behind of a male cow. Thy cannot recall a previous occurence and they knoweth it.

History is littered with such examples of foul play, indeed one only has to cast his mind back mere minutes when sir richard of keogh commited said rash challenge, yet the master himself chose to donath ones spectacles for just a single occurance.

Archived