Unbeaten against the other 3 probable play off teams

26 minutes ago, TETRA said:

If Boro fall into the Play Offs we might as well go home & prepare for next season. What sort of defeatist talk before we even kick a ball is that I wonder, I just hope our players don't think the same as you do my friend.

I mean,they're not Burnley :ph34r:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TETRA said:

If Boro fall into the Play Offs we might as well go home & prepare for next season. What sort of defeatist talk before we even kick a ball is that I wonder, I just hope our players don't think the same as you do my friend.

It was more tongue in cheek of course i wouldnt just go home but Karaka has had our cards marked for some time now. i certainly fancy us vs Brighton.

Good point Radioactivewaste,

For those rams fans who think we should thow in the tool provided its Boro in the final.

I know our recent record against them is not good.

But its still better than our record against Burnley in the last 10 years, so lets thank god we dont have to play them.

Secondly Sheff Wednesdays record against Derby in the last 12 years or so, is even worse than Derbys at Burnley.

On 05/05/2016 at 08:34, kingsy1884 said:

If boro fall into the play-offs we might as well all go home and prepare for next season. But I think that they will get at least a draw vs Brighton so theres not much we have much to worry about. 

Hull wont be easy to beat on their patch we got lucky earlier in the season but hughes and bryson are in great form and i suspect we could win it in the 1st leg 3-1.

Sheff wed or brighton at Wembley are all winnable and you hope our experience in 13/14 will be to our advantage.

If Boro fall into the playoffs, how do you think they will get themselves up off the floor again with a disenchanted coach who was on the point of walking out a few weeks ago?

Boro aren't in very good form, they've been scraping results recently. Karanka is a mardy git who could easily lose the dressing room if they don't go up automatically. Teams dropping out of the top 2 on the last day quite often have a "hangover" which damages them in the play-offs (e.g. Watford when they lost to Palace in the final or Brentford in League 1 when Trotta missed the last-minute penalty). 

The way we're playing I'd fancy our chances against any of the playoff sides, especially with the midfield three of Hughes/Bryson/Thorne firing on all cylinders.

On 5 May 2016 at 03:39, TETRA said:

Yes I've just had a brief look on the Boro Fans Forum. They say all the pressures on Brighton this Saturday. I really can't agree with that at all, all the pressure is on Boro surely & for a good many reasons. I really hope that Brighton manage turn them over, if only for the fact that my dislike of Karanka is beyond words, I just hate the guy.

I agree with this. Also Brighton know they have to win, they will go out and attack, play for the win. Boro on the other hand needing a draw or win will probably be more nervy and try to keep it tight. I think there is more chance boro will play for the draw and slip up

Hi all, 

Watched bits of the Brighton game today and I'm hopeful that over two legs we'll do a professional enough job to see them off. 

We made 10 changes for today's game which I hope works in our favour for next week. Assuming we do win our semi I'd much rather fancy us against Hull than you lot. But at the end of it all it's whatever team comes out on top after 90 (or more) minutes of football.

I appreciate  (or rather hate) the statistic about our shocking record against the top teams, so shall just have to live in hope... 

Archived