excited or nervous about playoffs

nerves....  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brighton v Derby and Derby v Ipswich - we need a point for 5th as a certainty GD 65 - 41

Wolves v Sheff Wed - they need 3 points and a turn around of three goals on GD to get 5th if we lose both games.GD 65-43

Sheff Wed will beat Wolves, so we need a point to get 5th.

Guess - Sheff Wed could knock out Boro for us.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A point against Brighton and keeping the unbeaten run going would be great, Im sure Wassall and the lads know this.

But even if we dont manage this... a point against Ipswich should be a given IMO, given their season is over and the sum total of their ambitions at Boro last week was trying to keep boro down to 0 goals.

I've been doing a blog series on the playoffs. Just finished one on Hull and given how it's more than likely we'll play them, I did some analysis of them. If you fancy it have a read - http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-playoffs-hull-city.html

Not a done date yet though. Brighton have a good chance of beating us and Ipswich are always tough to play against. Could end up playing the third place team yet.

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

A point against Brighton and keeping the unbeaten run going would be great, Im sure Wassall and the lads know this.

But even if we dont manage this... a point against Ipswich should be a given IMO, given their season is over and the sum total of their ambitions at Boro last week was trying to keep boro down to 0 goals.

I felt the same last year vs Reading! 

Hull are on bad run and entirely predictable and ponderous. Over 2 legs we'll blitz them so long as we have a full strength side on top of their game.

On to Wembley who we would play is anyones guess. On the day anyone can beat anyone unless your names Burnley and you will beat Derby County 10 times out of ten. If they get autos as i expect them to them bring it on.

I think we will beat Hull fairly easily over the two legs of the Play Offs & beat Boro at Wembley in the final. Interestingly that will be the two big spending sides this season in the Championship battling it out for the £200 Million pot of gold from the Prem next season. ALL VERY EXCITING

12 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I've been doing a blog series on the playoffs. Just finished one on Hull and given how it's more than likely we'll play them, I did some analysis of them. If you fancy it have a read - http://viewfromtheweststand.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-playoffs-hull-city.html

Not a done date yet though. Brighton have a good chance of beating us and Ipswich are always tough to play against. Could end up playing the third place team yet.

I enjoyed that. Decent read and pretty enlightening as somebody who rarely gets to see a full 90 minutes by Derby, let alone those by our potential play-off rivals. 

Archived