OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I already answered the six earlier.

You don't need a season ticket to go to games. Also, you don't need to be at the game to watch it! So to answer your question, I don't have a season ticket. I don't go as religiously as I used to (which was EVERY game), but that is more down to working far from Derby. Derby have also been on TV about 15 times this season, under both Clement and Wassall. So I think I've watched enough live and TV performances to determine quality of performance.

You said the performances were better and that was a fact ? I'm not sure, but once again please correct me, how this can 1/be a fact and 2/unless you watched each of the first and last 6 games of each of the managers regin then a comparable measure be made?

Happy to take the last 6 games as a barometer, Wassall was therefore the 12th best manager in the championship, pretty mediocre at best give the squad at his disposal.

18 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Most of the time it does though. Nothing's a certainty except death and taxes.

I don't think that is the case in football management, normally the person picked is the logical one then they get sacked 6 months later as they were totally wrong. Our last really successful one was Jim Smith and he was far from the logical choice.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Maybe the points average just takes into account league games. Dunno. Ask Wikipedia.

Well given that the total would work out to 84 points I would say the answer is it doesn't.  Taking your figures and removing cup games, it looks like PC had an average of 1.70 v 1.69 for DW - interesting if my maths are correct

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'm not saying they like being abused but they'd rather be abused than playing in a dead atmosphere.

I used to play sunday league(dont laugh) and I used to prefer angry fans on the touchline abusing me. Gave me the motivation to try my best and prove them wrong. I'm telling you the worst thing is playing in a quiet atmosphere.

And I used to play professional football and you sir are talking the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And I used to play professional football and you sir are talking the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard.

Firstly I highly doubt that .So you are saying you used to enjoy playing in dead atmospheres? Ask any top footballer and they'd agree with me. There is simply nothing worse than playing in a dead atmosphere. When Gareth Bale got booed by the Real Madrid fans, he said he preferred it that way so he knew that he had to improve and most importantly to give him the motivation to do so.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Well given that the total would work out to 84 points I would say the answer is it doesn't.  Taking your figures and removing cup games, it looks like PC had an average of 1.70 v 1.69 for DW - interesting if my maths are correct

We can argue all we like about statistics but, in the final analysis, it's what our instinct tells us who the new manager should be. I have a season ticket and watching performances and listening to Darren Wassall I'm absolutely convinced that he should not get the job and I really don't get anyone who thinks he should. He just doesn't inspire me with any confidence. 

54 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Paul Clement: 33 games. 42.42 win % - 1.64 points per game

Darren Wassall: 18 games. 50 win % - 1.67 points per game

Don't know how that would look if you did PC's first 18 games. Would anybody argue that the performances & entertainment weren't better (on average) under Wassall than PC?.

Don't think it's fair using that to compare them because the points per game ratio will naturally go down the more you play. Comparing the first 18 games for both would be fair.

Mostyn lighten up a little buddy, unless you're Wassall himself or his mum I don't know why you're getting so defensive. Lighten up a little, you're beginning to sound like girls on social media defending their friend after their boyfriend dumped em. :lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Firstly I highly doubt that .So you are saying you used to enjoy playing in dead atmospheres? Ask any top footballer and they'd agree with me. There is simply nothing worse than playing in a dead atmosphere. When Gareth Bale got booed by the Real Madrid fans, he said he preferred it that way so he knew that he had to improve and most importantly to give him the motivation to do so.

Enough said. 

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Oh come on!! Read some of his previous posts, there's some corkers.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Enough said. 

I really find it hard to believe that you were a pro footballer but if you were fair play. Any top professional footballer prefers to play in any sort of atmosphere, negative or positive than none at all because they have the mentality to handle the negative vibes. I used Gareth Bale as an example to support this

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Oh come on!! Read some of his previous posts, there's some corkers.

You mean just because you haven't come to the realisation that not everyone agrees with you? If you cant handle different opinions then this forum isnt the place for you

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I really find it hard to believe that you were a pro footballer but if you were fair play. Any top professional footballer prefers to play in any sort of atmosphere, negative or positive than none at all because they have the mentality to handle the negative vibes. I used Gareth Bale as an example to support this

You used a player who knowingly plays for a team who's fans boo if they don't win by a big enough margin. Of course he's not going to be critical of the booing.

I counter your argument with Wayne Rooney mouthing off about the booing fans to the camera as he walked off the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I really find it hard to believe that you were a pro footballer but if you were fair play. 

Rather to believe Scarlet more than you. Still find it funny is you claimed you trained with DCFC 1st team under Burley days. 

:lol:

Archived