Should we be thinking of Wembley again

Curtains

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I don't think I could take another failure if we got there.  Stood up on the train, in the corridor, by the toilets, sweating cobs, with a guy with the worst ****-breath hovering over my shoulder, was the most depressing two hours of my life...

I met my sister and her friends for the most depressing Mexican meal I have ever eaten (I ordered a bucket of beers and drank them almost in one) then went into Covent Garden to meet some mates. Sat in a bar that was half full of QPR fans who were all singing that stupid song that we adopted that makes me sick everytime I hear it. 

My mates left at 10, I sat on my own and was texting my 14 year old son who had cried all the way back to Derby.....I had a couple more beers and went back to the most depressing hotel room ever...woke up the next day to realise it had all happened and went for a walk in the rain....and went to Rapha shop and bought myself a hole new cycling wardrobe to cheer myself up...it didn't.

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I met my sister and her friends for the most depressing Mexican meal I have ever eaten (I ordered a bucket of beers and drank them almost in one) then went into Covent Garden to meet some mates. Sat in a bar that was half full of QPR fans who were all singing that stupid song that we adopted that makes me sick everytime I hear it. 

My mates left at 10, I sat on my own and was texting my 14 year old son who had cried all the way back to Derby.....I had a couple more beers and went back to the most depressing hotel room ever...woke up the next day to realise it had all happened and went for a walk in the rain....and went to Rapha shop and bought myself a hole new cycling wardrobe to cheer myself up...it didn't.

TBF I think it saved me a few hundred quid because before kick off I went to grab a Subway for a bite and inadvertently found Stringfellows across the road.  That would've got some major hammer...

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Cycling does that to people.

Archived