Treatment of fans

clough08

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one really believes (except Mel?) that Wassall is in the running for the job come summer. The Man City analogy is exactly what is happening.

If we can't get our man until the summer I guess it's a game we have to play now?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HKRam said:

One more example of how fanboys bully newbie. Just this time the newbie is actually an elderly person.

and Mostyn accusing forum members of bullying DW? What a joke? Are Bill Gates and Barack Obama ever targets of bullying? Which is egg and which is high wall?

incredible.

Fanboy? Elderly? I imagine we are only a few years apart.

As for bullying, Seriously?

12 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Who's Allen Key and who does he play for?

Now this is what is really the problem here. There are people out there that need serious answers to serious questions. It doesn't matter that 99% of those questions have already been answered hundreds of times by the club, by the members of this forum who went to the breakfast, or by other members who appear to have read those answers and taken them in. That the 1% left to answer there either isn't an answer yet or it can't be made public for whatever reason. And what do you do? Pick on one tiny comment and make a joke out of it. A good one too! As someone said earlier, grow up man! :ph34r:

10 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Incidently I didn't even know until the Clement sacking affair who our owner was.I actually thought that we were owned by the bloke who sold caravans. The other day I found out how MM made his money.Am I the only one who has noticed the irony?

As nobody has noticed the Irony,I'll tell you. It has been pointed out by all sorts of people that kids don't play out so much anymore.There are less football teams than ever before,and a shortage of kids wanting to play football. Why is that,because they are all sitting in their bedrooms playing computer games. Where do they get the games from?Ironic isn't it? 

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You really think that the players visit local schools, community centers, hospitals because they want to be part of the community..?? really, do you think that..???

They won't be visiting the schools and hospitals in your community,will they?

2 hours ago, HKRam said:

One more example of how fanboys bully newbie. Just this time the newbie is actually an elderly person.

and Mostyn accusing forum members of bullying DW? What a joke? Are Bill Gates and Barack Obama ever targets of bullying? Which is egg and which is high wall?

incredible.

A fanboy? Sage? Seriously?

3 hours ago, HKRam said:

incredible.

Don't worry about me mate - though thanks for the thought- and 58 isn't that old! I'm fine with a bit of needle. This is nothing compared to the ex-wife!

53 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Don't worry about me mate - though thanks for the thought- and 58 isn't that old! I'm fine with a bit of needle. This is nothing compared to the ex-wife!

Younger than me by a long chalk, sonny.

Pehaps @clough08 thinks that you are bullying me. Oh, there I go again. I mean @HKRam

18 hours ago, philmycock said:

And Mel's mascot responds accordingly

Maybe those who met him actually have more perspective? They know that he and the others running things are real people. It's so easy to sit there behind keyboards slagging people off and disrespecting them isn't it? 

So there are disrespectful to fans? The fans are worse to them. I'm appalled by the garbage some 'fans' are spouting. 

2 hours ago, clough08 said:

Oh I didn't realise you were that old. You are elderly. Sorry Gramps. :D 

On 12 March 2016 at 07:17, rammieib said:

Agree with your first half, completely disagree with your second half. Why would you want an owner constantly in the public eye? That's a distraction.

1) he's going to publicly defend DW until the day he gets a new manager, the only thing defending him will do now is create a bigger sh1tstorm amongst fans.

Think it through fella...

Exactly. I've been critical of the decision to sack Clement and Mel's response afterward. I do not back away from those criticisms either but I hope there's been a common thread through them, ie that we've built a steady strategy to improve all facets of the club and we shouldn't be swayed by short-term vagaries of form.

That means: chairmen set the strategy and hire the best people they trust to deliver on that strategy and get out of the way while they do their jobs.

In many ways, 'early Mel' was the model chairman. Sign the cheques, turn up to the happy announcements and smile nicely for the cameras. Reinforce the confidence in the overall stability and direction of the club. If there's an operational question, refer it to Sam. If there's a question about the team, refer it to the head coach.

In other words, no matter what you're doing behind the scenes, behave like the Queen in public. Wear an old lady's dress if you must but step back and be the unifying symbol of the club.

It seems to me that's what he's doing now. It seems to me that some need to think about the underlying point of their criticism of Mel.

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 20:01, clough08 said:

Really fed up by club's treatment of fans. The total lack of communication is direspectful and arrogant. We are the Club but get nothing these days in response to the obvious questions that everyone, including the media, is asking. Why sack Clement with no replacement? Why throw in the Youth team coach? Why spend all that money on largely inferior playes. And, most importantly, what are you going to do about it?

Maybe it got that bad between clement and the players he didnt have a choice of sacking clement and maybe he aint got the funding to bring in the manager/coach he wants because of the fair play rules?

Archived